Be More Than a Course, Be Yourself!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be More Than a Course, Be Yourself!

When I decided to be an Instructor for UDEMY I had already come from old school, in-person teaching for over 20 years. This gave me grit that some new and budding instructors are only just developing. So this is for you new flowers (yet also for those who've been around)! What sets you apart for other courses is a genuine desire to be you in your courses, and not just be you, but "share" you! Each instructor has the ability to set themselves apart by simply being themselves in their own unique expression. Although many have the "How To" dialogue down, and though experience is a great teacher, and one to take notes on, never forget that the most important part of being an instructor is what makes you unique to a student. For every student, there is a teacher who is uniquely suited for them. Your unique life experiences goes into your teachings, and is there for those who need to hear your way of teaching based on your knowledge and experience, at any age! Never compare yourself to others who may be experiencing teaching different than you, or may have more students than you, etc. Every topic produces different. Set your own goal and work toward it. Tweak it, move it and shake things up until you find your own secret sauce. Always begin with realistic expectations and a definition of what success will be to you, incrementally, not what it looks like for others! That's a good start! Go for the marathon, not the race! Love & Light, Sufani Garza, Place of Bliss Academy @ UDEMY

IMG-6647.JPG

2 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Very inspirational post, I particularly liked this quote: 

@SufaniGarza078 wrote: Your unique life experiences goes into your teachings, and is there for those who need to hear your way of teaching based on your knowledge and experience, at any age

Thank you for sharing your story and wisdom with us, @SufaniGarza078🤗

Thank you for this post, it is refreshing and yes, inspiring. It is always overwhelming at first to put oneself out there to a public, and you are so right, it is about sharing US and what we so deeply and passionately love, you have wise words. Lovely - JeanneScatterflix28

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors