First impressions of black friday

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First impressions of black friday

Hello there,

I remember everyone complained about first three weeks of november sales but now black friday is active. 

What can you tell about the first day of black friday? Do you see any increase in your sales?

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eh.  All it has done for me so far is made daily sales numbers look more normal.  Still not impressed so far this year.  

drkrisharma
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I second.

@Anonymous wrote:

Eh.  All it has done for me so far is made daily sales numbers look more normal.  Still not impressed so far this year.  

I had 25 sales yesterday and 1 so far today. 

Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

3-4x normal sales. 

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

My sales have tanked in the last three months and I have no idea why. I've been earning around 50-70% of what I was bringing in last year. Black Friday so far has not given me the sales boost I've seen in previous years. I'll be lucky if this ends up being an average sales month. (I've been teaching on Udemy since 2014.)

I'm not sure what's going on but I'm realizing I can't rely on Udemy for the income I used to receive and I need to diversify how and where I teach my courses. 😔

Same situation here. Completely agree about diversifying. 

BF sales are not what they were in 2017-19

The black Friday sales can taste sweeter depending on the course we have, category, how successful it was before black Friday.

For me, it is about 3 times the normal time. But it gettest better on 26 and 27 of November.

November was better than October for us, the last 3 days enrollments have increased by 3-4x.

Please let us all level our expectations. Since people have been at home, lockdowns, and other circumstances since march they have purchased courses over a long period now instead of waiting for black Friday. This year's BF won't be as usual, so don't be sad or mad just take it in and try to make the world a better place for everyone, sales will follow later on. Don't hope for too much from this one flash sale.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I slightly exceeded last year's earnings which were albeit poor compared to those of 2017 and 2018. I wait for December 2nd for a balance 

So far not even reaching the normal monthly numbers, and considering very few days left in this month, not very hopeful also.

Crossed both last month's enrolments and revenue.

Zero on my end but a lot of action on my free stuff...

I even have a brand new course with zero visits.  Of course it took Udemy 3 days into this event week to publish it, I guess they're overwhelmed.

Very disappointing. An average month. Actually below average. Unfortunate. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors