Have you used Facebook's ads successfully?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you used Facebook's ads successfully?

Go to solution

It seems Facebook ads are not a good option from the profitable point of view, but maybe am wrong?

Has any of you experienced instructors used them successfully????

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Facebook ads don't work if you are trying to make direct sales with them. Most instructors here aren't marketers - they are instructors and profesionals in other fields. That being the case, they fail with social media ads because they try to drive sales with them - and that will almost never work, because people aren't on Facebook to buy stuff.

Facebook should be treated as cold "top-of-funnel" traffic, not warm/hot "bottom-of-funnel" traffic. Your goal should be to break even with Facbeook ads, because if you can do that, you are growing your Facebook groups, your email list, and your student list on Udemy (which you can market to over and over again via promotional announcements) for free.

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Go to solution

No Akerdisei Facebook ads will not help to drive you sales because you will be not having 25k friends. You understand what I mean

Please give a like if you got the answers.

@AKerdisei wrote:

It seems Facebook ads are not a good option from the profitable point of view, but maybe am wrong?

Has any of you experienced instructors used them successfully????

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

The number of friends you have isn’t relevant to Facebook ads. That’s what makes ads so scalable. 

Go to solution

Please would it be possible to get a few tips from such a great instructor??

Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Very Happy

I have seen your courses and posts: you seem to be a real master of the marketing online, the real deal!!

HELPPP!!!

Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Sad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

I appreciate the sentiment,  but I wouldn’t go that far.  I just know my way around paid ads and how to navigate the buying cycle.  

I’ve made several posts in here about the general strategy for social media ads. If you search around, you’ll come across them.

Go to solution

I will look for them thanks a lot indeed!!!

Go to solution

Facebook Ads are basically 'interruption marketing'.

The idea is that if you interrupt enough people you will eventually find customers.

But people don't like being interrupted.

So that is why it is better to focus on being found when your customer comes looking for you.

Inserting yourself into the search stream of people who are already engaged in looking for the solution you want, is a much better tactic.

Create a blog, create a presence on YouTube, create a useful group, all of these can be done with a time investment and will bring you interested parties that are looking for answers to their problems, which you can solve for them...

Go to solution

If you use facebook ads to bring direct sales you will at best break even. They may be more useful for raising interst, curiousity, driving people to your website or blog etc but in general Udemy instructors do better through focusing on course content creation and sending discount coupons to their existing community of students. 

Go to solution

how to use facebook adds

Go to solution
Facebook this time doesn's permit web links that are not their favorite, but Udemy is a partners http://www.udemy.com/topic/facebook-marketing
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors