Learning never ends... It's true. And I'm still doing it.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning never ends... It's true. And I'm still doing it.

I have two courses on Udemy now. One from ages ago, and one from a few months back.

I even gave a new student in my latest course. ”Writing Your First Romance.” As happy as I am with this - and it's a long way from having 390,000 students.!! I am not happy with my own graphics work. So all my new class development work is on hold while I teach myself the Affinity products. Photo, Design and Publisher. These are excellent packages at ridiculously low prices that are direct replacements for the overpriced subscription versions from Adobe. 

So my arsenal now includes these three software packages, as well as iMovie, Pages, Keynote, OBS Screen recording, good microphones, Audacity audio editing, various iOS cameras, a Panasonic,  a spare iPad to use my Teleprompter software on, and a couple of iPads for graphics, and iMovie work. I just need the green screen now for cleaner backgrounding.

Now you can see that most of that software is low cost or no cost. The apple stuff comes supplied with my mac mini.

As I'm just about up to a level that's useful with the Affinity packages, I'm getting back to creating my lessons for the next couple of courses. I have to say it's a lot of fun. A week in Portugal from next week for a well earned holiday will see me fully charged.

So for anyone just starting out on this adventure, it can seem daunting but if you get the bits in place right at the start, it can be done, and be fun.

Cheers

Robert

Robert Chalmers
Author & Instructor
1 Reply

Thanks for sharing this, @RobertChalmers. Great vibes! Smiley Very Happy

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors