Major discounts by Udemy

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major discounts by Udemy

Hi guys,

I just wonder how we can predict major discounts that Udemy is going to apply.

It would be great if some of you, experienced Udemy instructors can share with us (new comers) the major (expected or past) discount periods during the year? For example:

Why I am asking this?

• It will help us to understand when we can expect sales-boosts from Udemy (it will cheer us up);
  • It is very helpful for planning our own promotional campaign;
  • I have noticed that some of you, experienced Instructors, launched a timely campaign straight after Nov-Jan period and I have received yesterday new promotional mail (timely before Easter);

@Bella , @LawrenceMMiller , and others - any comments?

Thanks a lot!

Boris

2 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

@Boris035 There is no calendar of sales events that we get. We do know that in November there is a big black Friday sale and then the cyber Monday immediately after. However, they happen often and seemingly random times.  For example, this morning I notice that there is a two day sale on. This just popped up. 

Others may be smarter than I am on this, but I essentially ignore the sales. I do my own promotion once or twice a month but I don't attempt to coordinate them with Udemy sales. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thanks a lot. I just hoped for different answer 😉

Since discounts have a huge impact on sales – I believe it would be nice to have predictable major (let’s say long-lasting) events at least few times a year – like “Big Spring sale”, “Big Summer sale”, etc.  

I understand why it would be inappropriate for Udemy to announce a detailed schedule for their discount policy – yet, few major upfront announced events a year will not make them any harm 😉

Again, thanks a lot.

Boris

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors