My sales

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sales

Go to solution

Hi

It would be great if someone can give me an explanation for the question. 

I had better sales in 2020 compared to 2021, even though I believe that I did more work in 2021 so I find it difficult to understand the reason.

Therefore my concern is how to get better than these two years. 

I hope that you understand my issue.

Regards

Vathani Ariyam

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@ariyam66 I will give you my advice, however, it is sensitive because the only feedback that is useful is absolutely honest feedback. Sometimes this is taken as insulting. I do not mean it to be insulting, but to be helpful. So, since you asked....

1. What is your expertise? You have produced 39 courses, most about only one hour in length, on very different topics. Some are on starting a business, some on bookkeeping, some on psychology/self-improvement. You are not expert on every subject and you cannot build a brand unless you clearly define your area of expertise and then focus on that area. 

2. Students buy and rate courses based on the value that they feel they are receiving. Why do you have a one hour course on cryptocurrency? For the exact same price today there is a 12.5 hour course by Steve Ballenger that is a best seller and is rated 4.6. Why would I choose your course instead? Looking at all your other topics it is obvious that you are NOT expert in this subject. 

3. Choose one subject that represents your true expertise (it is not cryptocurrency) and create a complete course of 4+ hours. Work hard at it!!!! Spend several months trying to make it the best course on that one subject, a subject in which you have demonstrable expertise.  

4. I can't look at many of your courses so I am looking at one and these comments are based on that one, the first one that appears on your page, Stay At home & Start a business. 

• Please look at the promo videos of best selling courses. The promo video is the #1 factor in selling your course. This promo video is 5 minutes, which is too long. Frankly, it is tiresome. You don't sound enthusiastic yourself. Why should I be? Redo it to no more than 3 minutes.
  • Take just one super great promo video and study the elements that make it great. Look at Angela Yu's course on web development. It is 55.5 hours, has an average rating of 4.7 and has 160 thousand ratings! Obviously she is doing a great job. Watch her promo over and over again. STUDY it! What are the key elements that make it successful? She has only nine course, all on related subjects, and she has more than 1.1 million students. You don't have to have 38 courses to be successful!
    • First, she is on camera, talking directly to you and she is speaking in clear easily understood English.
    • Second, she is enthusiastic and personable. You immediately like her and want to spend more time with her. People buy on emotional attraction to an instructor. If you are not on camera, personable, and giving your credentials you are not giving students a reason to spend more time with you. 
    • She tells you clearly why this course will benefit YOU. She gives "proof" statements. 
    • She directly invites you to join her. She SMILES!
    • It is fast paced. Graphics move quickly. You are never bored. 
    • She gives her experience and credentials that convince you that she is expert in that topic. She has proven success teaching this subject. 
    • Do your best to replicated these elements for your comprehensive courses. 

I think that is enough. Good luck. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hi Randy

I got some advice from you before which I liked, so now again I want to ask you could you please have a look at my courses and let me know what do you think about them.

Thanks

Vathani

View solution in original post

33 Replies

Go to solution

Thank you so much sir. You have cleared my misconceptions. Would you like to look through my courses. 

Go to solution

Very much true.. I joined udemy in mid April this year.. with one course on board. I started working on 4 other courses.. in fact I have few videos ready.. just started and stopped them all.. as my objective changed from having N no. Of courses to having One course which gets revised, updated every month and until I feel it's truly standing out. Revenue has been considerably Great with month on month improvements, my course is within top 5 earning courses in respective category which has 1000+ courses 🙂

Go to solution

Hi

That is really great. Good job you're doing.

Vathani

Go to solution

Hi Randy

I got some advice from you before which I liked, so now again I want to ask you could you please have a look at my courses and let me know what do you think about them.

Thanks

Vathani

Go to solution

Sir first of all take a short rest and enjoy some movement then think about your problem and i am sure that you will get your answer

Go to solution

I have not had any sales this month. I think it is not worth expecting anything from Udemy. It will be better to change the platform to sell our courses.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

@ariyam66 The sales this month are almost identical to the two previous months. I have more than six thousand enrollments this month and I am not one of the best selling instructors.

Udemy is not the problem. If you are having no sales you have to face the reality of your own courses, your own performance, not Udemy's. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

@LawrenceMMiller  I have indeed demonstrated to you that it is possible for decent courses to be rated 3.5  for a brief period.

@ariyam66 may have a marketing problem so dismissing her performance outright is not useful. I am happy your courses are doing well.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

@RajGupta You are welcome to your own opinion. The idea that a decent course can be rated 3.5 for a period of time is not relevant to this situation.

My point is that the OP said " I think it is not worth expecting anything from Udemy" because her courses are not selling. She said she has had no sales this month. My data says that Udemy is not the problem. Sales are relatively normal this month. So blaming Udemy is not useful. It is useful to look at your own courses and think about why they are not selling in a marketplace that is functioning normally.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Going through the thread messages have been helpful to me as a new instructor on this platform. Can some one share some marketing/promotion tips on how to boost the visibility of my course?

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

Go to solution

Thank you

Go to solution

My sales stopped from Nov. 2023

do you know what is the reason?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors