Reward programs for instructors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward programs for instructors

Go to solution

We know that every instructor works hard in creating courses. I personally think, there should be a reward program for instructors to appreciate their efforts. What do you think?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi Sandip;

I think the best reward is more enrolment!

View solution in original post

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

What kind of reward program do you have in mind?

The primary reward for a good course is more sales, more money. There are also those badges, best seller, etc. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Hi, I am looking for some reward program which will help Udemy as well as the instructor to grow. e.g. If we have 10000 students then some amount towards token of appreciation. It is something like giving an award to our contribution.

13 Replies

Go to solution

Hi Sandip;

I think the best reward is more enrolment!

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

What kind of reward program do you have in mind?

The primary reward for a good course is more sales, more money. There are also those badges, best seller, etc. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Hi, I am looking for some reward program which will help Udemy as well as the instructor to grow. e.g. If we have 10000 students then some amount towards token of appreciation. It is something like giving an award to our contribution.

Thor
Community Champion

Go to solution

Great idea! 

tenor
Good news! It is already here, it is called course revenue! 

This is a business with independant contractors, you get rewarded for results not participating. 

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

Go to solution

Hi Thor, I like your thought process. Assume, we are working for any regular company. We work, the company gives salary or rates per hr. However, as a token of appreciation, some companies give awards. It is not money, it is the way we got appreciated helps us to push our limit, isn't it? I am aware that, we are not working for Udemy but I still think, there should be some kind of program which will keep motivating all instructors.

Thor
Community Champion

Go to solution

I understand your point, but there are 30,000+ instructors.

What were you thinking as rewards? 

I suggested a while back wall plaques or some sort of recognition of instructors hitting $100k, 500k, 1M. Student count means little if you give away free coupons or have free courses.  

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @SandipM528 I do what I do for love and reward is enrollments, revenue and amazing reviews.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

That is so nice and I agree with you every instructor has a similar opinion. However,  having some motivation from Udemy company will help us to push our limits. e.g. Better revenue percentage if you create more than 10 courses. This will help both Udemy as well instructor to grow.

Thor
Community Champion

Go to solution

I think that revenue is there from the 10+ courses is the reward, if it is an incentivizer would just game the system. 
I have 17 courses, and revenue does follow course numbers (somewhat). 

AtilSamancioglu
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi, i believe this is a good idea. I mean surely revenue from the courses is already there and reward should not be something money related. however maybe a small token of recognition could be cool such as 100.000 student, 500.000 student, 1.000.000 student physical plaques or something. i think youtube does that for youtubers to recognize their subscriber counts.

Thor
Community Champion

Go to solution

Again student numbers mean nothing, it is relatively easy to get 100,000 students enrolled in free courses or using coupons.

I do think there should be some recognition that could be displayed publicly (if the instructor choses to) at certain sales numbers. 

I suggested, a while back, wall plaques or some sort of recognition of instructors hitting $100k, 500k, 1M. 

Go to solution

Great idea @SandipM528 

Everyone likes to be rewarded!

LL

Go to solution

Yeah it must be some reward for Hardworkers...👍

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors