Rise or fall?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rise or fall?

Go to solution

Hi

I am new to Udemy and about to publish my first course. While researching Udemy, I have noticed that some very strong courses with amazing content have not been selling well whereas some relatively weaker courses in the same category / sub category are doing well. Are there factors other than the course quality which contribute heavily towards course sale (assuming courses in the same category and topic)

An insight on the above is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Atif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @Atif First of all i wish you 

All the best for your journey here

Yes Atif actually there are a number of factors that affects a course selling point 

from descriptions, clickbait titles, sub title, keywords, resources, promo video, preview and the thumbnail too. 

So some weaker courses may be short of many things but the most important is title and description coz it is a form of marketing too. 

KS

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @Atif First of all i wish you 

All the best for your journey here

Yes Atif actually there are a number of factors that affects a course selling point 

from descriptions, clickbait titles, sub title, keywords, resources, promo video, preview and the thumbnail too. 

So some weaker courses may be short of many things but the most important is title and description coz it is a form of marketing too. 

KS

Go to solution

I personally have not seen it myself.

You may see some weak courses with thousands of students enrolled. But they usually have a very low percentage of reviews, which indicates that most of those students just got the course for free.

This is just a cheap tactic some instructors think will help them attract real paying students but it never works in the long run. So the course that you think sells less may be the only one that actually sells.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors