cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Sales Trends and Post Covid Analysis

So, here is my analysis of the trend, based only on my own data. You have all seen my posting of my enrollment data by month before. I think it is worth studying for a moment, assuming it bares any relationship to over all instructor data.

A year ago I posted asking whether the bump we were seeing as a result of Covid19 was temporary or represented a permanent increase. I think it is time we can answer that question. While the pandemic certainly brought new students into the marketplace and increased UFB business, there is also a return to baseline, that baseline being the slope of the growth trend. 

I have drawn a line from March 2019 to today. I think this cancels out  the temporary boost we say last March-August. You will notice for every year, the data for February and March are very close, almost the same. This is true until last year when March shot up. Now February and March are again almost identical, signaling a stabilization of the data. This data represents about a 50% year over year increase in student enrollments and my revenue numbers are similar. If you just take the February-March data for each year, and ignore and boost we got last year, I think the best prediction is that this trend will continue. It is actually a pretty stable trend over five years. 

So, no, we do not continue at the pandemic highs, but we return to a very healthy growth rate of about 50% each year. I'll take it!

Course Enrollments.JPG

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
2 Replies
GuilhermeMP
Community Champion

Yes. I wish I started to launch my paid courses earlier (I launched in Aug 2020). Your spike in April matches exactly with the start of the pandemic and restriction measures, after WHO declared COVID-19 to be a global pandemic. From the second half of March onwards, people knew they would have to stay at home, thus the spike in sales in April, I imagine. Obviously, people couldn't just buy courses indefinitely (either by lack of money or need for new courses). On top of that, after a few months, some places started to reopen their businesses

AxelRittershaus
Community Champion

Thanks @LawrenceMMiller for sharing.

I can confirm this on my side as well.

Interestingly, my best months were Dec 20 + Jan/Feb 21, about 40% higher than April/May 2020.

In the meantime it's back to a baseline, which is still reasonably higher than at the end of 2019.

Axel

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors