Support Ukraine and America as an Udemy instructor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Ukraine and America as an Udemy instructor

Go to solution

Due to the current situation of the Ukraine-Russia war, the inflation in America soars to the highest point.

My main group of students are from the US, I wish to free all my courses to students, particularly from the US regions as a support. Wish to know how to make such a set-up. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

I have created a course Mindfulness in the midst of chaos, which helps people who are struggling with the fear of war and the anxiety that it is causing people, all my profits are going to the red cross and people through air bnb in Kyiv. Raised over $500 so far. It helps both sides of the conflict the people from Ukraine and those who are struggling with the energy of anxiety.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Go to solution

I am giving 100% of my revenue to Ukraine and I have asked Udemy to match this 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @ChristopherCNL,

We don’t currently have functionality that lets instructors set up donations directly through their accounts or make courses free for a specific region, however, you can create free coupons for your course and distribute them to students via social media. 

I'm sorry that I don't have a better solution for you at this time, but we really appreciate your interest in helping students during these trying times.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

I simply link up to a charity, get them to say a bit on the course, give all the revenue I receive (as Udemy won't waive their cut) and show what is being done with the money by means of updated lectures.

Go to solution

I have created a course Mindfulness in the midst of chaos, which helps people who are struggling with the fear of war and the anxiety that it is causing people, all my profits are going to the red cross and people through air bnb in Kyiv. Raised over $500 so far. It helps both sides of the conflict the people from Ukraine and those who are struggling with the energy of anxiety.

Go to solution

You are great!

Go to solution

@Bella are we allowed to cross-promote as it for charity?

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @ChrisBankes120, thank you for your question! We appreciate your interest in this. 

We are not creating additional exceptions to the co-instructor guidelines or promotions policies to allow instructors to partner up if they both donate to the same charitable cause.  If you have further questions, please reach out to policy@udemy.com

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

I like this idea

Go to solution

I’ve launched two standalone courses where all the revenue for ever will go to Ukraine. 
on every other course I’ve put a one hour  ( optional) intro about giving to Ukraine etc

Plus as mentioned, all revenue on everything going to Ukraine for rest of March. This will provide a trickle. As about 92% of those enrolled never even start the course it probably won’t lead to extra donations but at least the idea is there.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors