Tax form

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax form

Hi All,

I am not USA citizen and I am not living in USA, I am individual Egyptian. I am little bit confusing about the Tax Form. I asked many people about that but they are not aware and couldn't help me. So I hope you could help me to complete that Form.

I am wondering about which Form option should I select W-8BEN or W-8ECI ?

5 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MostafaYasinOur tax form tool provides instructors with the ability to select from a variety of different tax forms, including:

• W-9 (used by U.S. individuals and entities to certify their Tax ID number)
    • W-8BEN (used by non-U.S. individuals to certify that they are a beneficial owner or a financial account-holder, and claim treaty benefits)
    • W-8BEN-E (used by non-U.S. entities to certify they’re a beneficial owner or a financial account-holder, and claim treaty benefits)

We also support the ability to submit certain less-common types of forms through our Support Help Center:

• W-8ECI (used by non-U.S. individuals or entities to certify they’re a beneficial owner receiving U.S.-sourced income that is effectively connected with US trade or business)
    • W-8EXP (used by non-U.S. governments or other tax-exempt entities to certify they’re a beneficial owner or a financial account-holder)
    • W-8IMY (used by non-U.S. entities to certify they’re an intermediary or flow-through entity receiving payments on behalf of another person)

Choosing the right form will depend on where you live, whether you’re an individual or entity, and other specifics. Since Udemy is unable to provide tax advice, we recommend that you consult with a tax advisor to ensure you’re using the right form and entering the information correctly.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Hi Eliana

Can you please clarify the difference between tax forms W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E. Both have same description. Thanks.

Balachandran S

Hello @ElianaC ,

Maybe you can advise me, too, regrading the form I need to fill in. I am located in Romania and I am an authorized individual. It's more like a sole proprietorship in USA.

"Sole Proprietorship

In a sole proprietorship, there is no legal distinction between the business and its sole owner. The owner is personally liable for the business’ debts, losses, and liabilities. A sole proprietorship is not taxed separately from its owner."

Which form should be filled in for sole proprietorship? On W-8BEN-E are mentioned other entity types, not sole proprietorship. See below.

GeorgianaMe032_1-1631284659590.png

Then should it be W-8BEN? Since I am an authorized individual in Romania.

Thank you.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GeorgianaMe032 I'm happy to see that you’re working on submitting your tax information. Unfortunately, I’m unable to answer your question as that would be considered tax advice.

I highly recommend reaching out to a local tax expert for help. You can also click the informational buttons on the platform to get a further explanation about a certain phrase or section.

If you’re unsure how to use the platform, please reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com with as much information as possible. Thank you!

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Team 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bala2020 Yes, I think I understand the confusion here, non-US individuals and entities have separate forms (W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E). The W-8BEN form will be for individuals and W-8BEN-E will be for entities. Please reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com

in case you have further questions.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community team 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors