Udemy to IPO in March 2021 and possibly raising ANOTHER 100 Million!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Udemy to IPO in March 2021 and possibly raising ANOTHER 100 Million!

Wow!

Udemy is apparently going to IPO in March 2021. Such fantastic news. 

https://breezy.substack.com/p/udemy-ipo-us-equities-and-snowflake?fbclid=IwAR3iacPOeA25vMH616lldfQkI...

Since sales were down, I knew that Udemy was raising more money. They needed to make their books look good. This is usually the case. Apparently, they are just about to raise another 100 million. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/online-education-startup-udemy-talks-224507413.html

It says they hired Goldman Sachs to help them with this fund and most likely the IPO as well. 

Since I started here in 2011, it's amazing to see this company which we all helped grow IPO.

Will you be buying Udemy stock? 

8 Replies

That's great!

I might be buying Udemy stock.

really good it's a good news. 

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Whoah.

This is just a rumor, though. I can't find anything definitive about this or any sources, apart from a few people on the Internet "projecting" an IPO in early 2021.

I'd certainly prefer an IPO to Udemy getting acquired. So if true, I'll consider it good news. 

Let's face it, an IPO was in the works for the last two years. Ever since Pluralsight had their IPO. Getting acquired might mean some investors will lose their money so an IPO is much more preferable. 

An IPO means that they have to submit their books to the SEC. I can't wait to look at their books.

Anthony Adams Rubbing Hands | Know Your Meme

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Who is this guy?

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Time out! There is no credible statement here that Udemy is doing an IPO. The Yahoo story says that they hired Goldmen to help with raising 100m in PRIVATE EQUITY. Private equity is almost the opposite of an Initial PUBLIC Offering. Could raising the private equity be followed by an  IPO? Sure, but that could be in a few years. 

That "Breezy" site offers nothing but pure speculation. It also says "time to accumulate.... before IPO", well you can't accumulate Udemy stock before an IPO unless you are an insider buying stock from another insider.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Timeout!!!!

I am an expert on IPOs and just looked at the IPO Schedule for March 2021.

Udemy is not on it for NYSE or NASDAQ. And Udemy would not list on an overseas exchange as its initial listing.

@JohnBura You have certainly made predictions that didn't materialize (e.g. sales in 2019) so this might be one of them. 

UTime is planning an IPO not Udemy.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Your are replying to a post from last November. Forget it. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors