What are your top 3 goals for 2019?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your top 3 goals for 2019?

It’s hard to believe we’re already 3 months into  2019! At Udemy HQ we spent some time reflecting on successes and failures and plotting our priorities for the year ahead.

As an instructor, there are many different things you can focus on to improve your business. You can create more courses, you can improve your marketing, you can increase your engagement with students and more. What are your top #1 and #2 goals for 2019 on Udemy? Tell us below!

27 Replies
AxelRittershaus
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Robyn,

No, I‘m using the content from my German courses and record the complete course in English. 

Much more work than CC, but if I‘m a student I’d prefer this 1000 times over CC

Hi This Year Im concentrating on ...

1/ Making a few more Courses-and doing them so they hold the attention of the Student more!

2/ I want to Podcast on Spiritual Positive subjects-so im studying that at the moment-how to podcast-how to upload those podcast & so on!

3/ Networking & Marketing Better! I need to work on this-Im Rubbish at it lol...

Ive seen my future and it all happens at once for me...all the time I AM learning better ways to Film-make Courses-and Improve on my Courses and I know I will hit on that Positive Subject Matter Course that will do very well soon! (Regards MK)

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

1) Develop one comprehensive, excellent, course that joins my four or five best selling courses.

2) Break 50,000 students.

3) Maintain the 40% year-over-year revenue growth that I have maintained for the past three or four years. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
SharonRamel
Community Champion

@RobynJ  - I have quite a few on my list - however my top 4.

1. Refilm my top courses with updated and re-recorded content before UdemyLive 2019
  2. Successfully launch my latest course at the end of this month - it is complete and being "road tested" at the moment.
  3. Film a new course with unseen content ready from BF 2019
  4. Increase my revenue by 10-20%
Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Hey everyone! We're over halfway through the year. How are you doing with your goals? Has anyone already met them?

Thor
Community Champion

These were mine: 

Off Udemy, update my own hosting, get more things I can cross sell that my students needs.

Slow but in progress

Grow my Facebook page and student engagement. 

Going well, closing in on 10k members, these are my stats for the last 3 weeks.

Post Reach

Post Engagements

New Page Likes

+81%

+24%

+43%

Grow my relationships with the organizations making the certifications I teach.

Meh, slow.

If it needs to be top 2.

#1 Finish 2 major course series.

1 done, #2 70%, #3 20%

#2 Grow my company with onboarding a VA and grow what I can offer.

VA on board, training period over, getting 3-5 hours of extra time per day 😄 

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

That's awesome @Thor! Great progress 😄 Happy to hear you've got a VA on board and you're getting time back in your day!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors