What is your top goal this October?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your top goal this October?

Go to solution

Happy October! How has the year been going for you? What are you hoping to achieve this month?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

I submitted my first course for review today. Here we go!

LL

View solution in original post

62 Replies

Go to solution

Amazing year! 

This month, I'm releasing at least two courses. Hoping to give them enough traction so that they're in good shape before the Black Friday sale. 

One question though, super precise one: at what exact time will the new coupon system be released? 

Thanks!

Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

What he said (minus the 2 courses, planning 1 this month).

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

Go to solution

Awesome! Hope your course launch goes well @Thor 

Go to solution

Good luck with your new courses @StephaneMaarek! The new coupon system will be released on Wednesday, October 9.

Go to solution

Good luck with your new courses @StephaneMaarek!

Go to solution

So far, so fantastic! I only have one course, and I do no marketing at all (this is just a hobby rather than a job) and yet I just hit $1,000 in a month for the first time and I found out my course is the No.1 best seller in its catagory - Business Writing.  I have a very big smile on my face. Now, time to complete that second course...

Go to solution

Nicely done Mark !

Go to solution

Mark, 

Was your first course the most challenging? 

I am uncertain about videos. How long did it take you until you were satisfied with yours? 

Any advice for a beginner? 

David Thompson

David Thompson

Go to solution

David,

So far it's my first and ONLY course! So yes, it was definitely the most challenging. 

For me, this is purely a hobby.  I have a demanding job and I enjoy spending time with my family far more than I enjoy spending yet more time on a computer, so it took me ages to produce my first course. Like, probably about a year! 

However, because I was not in a rush, I always focussed on putting together as high quality a course as I could with the resources I had available.  The first time round I only had borrowed equipment and free software (iMove). However, for my next course, I've been able to buy some good kit (camera, mic, lights, etc) as well as a decent computer and software - all from the proceeds of my first course. So in my mind, they were free!

I think if you have a good product, then Udemy can sell it. If you don't, they can't. So my mantra going ahead is quality, quality, quality.

Hope that helps,

Mark

Go to solution

FANTASTIC!

Go to solution

Hello Mark, Congratulations!

So, you did not marketing for your new course at all and hit $1,000 in a month?  Fantastic!   What an inspiration!  Thanks for sharing. 

Go to solution

Inez, yes. I mean, it took a long time to hit $1,000 in a month (I published in Nov 2017), but it's slowly grown over time. My first month was something like $190 and it stayed around that for a while then, for no clear reason, it jumped up to about $400, then after another period, to around $700, and now it's jumped again. Long may this pattern continue - lol!

I wish I understood how it all works, but as long as the numbers keep going up, it's a case of 'In Udemy I trust!'

Go to solution

Congrats Mark

Go to solution

Hello,

I have a goal of releasing another course, hopefully by the end of this month. I have plenty of courses in progress so it shouldn't be too hard to finish at least one of them. I really want to increase the number of courses I offer and to offer courses that people will actually want to buy and use.

Thank you,

Richard Callaby

Richard Callaby, CTT+ Trainer, Published Author, and YouTuber

Go to solution

That's awesome @RichardCallaby! How many courses are you working on right now?

Go to solution

@JocelynHThank you for saying this! i currently have two courses in the works but outlines for about 9 to 11 depending upon how fleshed out I want these courses to be and if they need modifications depending upon market research.

Richard Callaby, CTT+ Trainer, Published Author, and YouTuber

Go to solution

Wow! Good luck!!

Go to solution

Have you seen some revenue? 

David Thompson
ScottDuffy
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Goals? Udemy Live!

See you there!

Go to solution

Yes! See you in Berlin @ScottDuffy 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors