Who's up for a voucher exchange?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's up for a voucher exchange?

Go to solution

I'm not sure if this exercise confficts with any community rules etc or codes of conduct so I will leave this post here until I get a confirmation that I can go ahead with this or until two days without a response has passed.

Going out of my mind at home what with this quarantine in effect, and I'm trying to mentally psych myself up to get another course started. Then  I thought why not take this as an opportunity to see what others are doing well and how they're succeeding at engaging students with their course content? And maybe learn something new in the process.

So I thought why not have a free course voucher exchange? I'm willing to put a free voucher code up for other course creators for my course "Modern Astrology - An Introduction To Natal Astrology" which I assume will be valid for the first 10 people who redeem it and the instructors who redeem this code must leave a free voucher for their course in response. I promise to leave only positive reviews that highlight the positives of what I experienced as a student of your course.

Some conditions:

• If you redeem a voucher code then you must place a free voucher for your own course as a response to this thread.
  • Please review any course you redeem and leave only leave positive responses. This is an exercise in good faith and community support.
  • Only community members may use these vouchers - please do not share them outside of this forum.

So - does this pique anybody's interest?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hello Damian,

I am a new instructor and I'm looking to meet other instructors on this site! I would love to see another person's course and give feedback, and likewise learn best-practices from other instructors. Let me know if this is of interest to you.

Anne Parmeter

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

I'm willing to put a free voucher code up for other course creators for my course "Modern Astrology - An Introduction To Natal Astrology" which I assume will be valid for the first 10 people who redeem it and the instructors who redeem this code must leave a free voucher for their course in response. -> Promoting courses in the Community - certainly against the rules.

I promise to leave only positive reviews that highlight the positives of what I experienced as a student of your course.-> Give Fake Reviews - NO!

Please review any course you redeem and leave only leave positive responses. This is an exercise in good faith and community support. -> Asking others to give Fake Reviews - Double NO!

Go to solution

You can critique something by focusing on the positives only - I'm not trying to encourage lies or fake reviews as you put it. If someone did a great job on the audio or video you comment on it. If someone structured their course well or had engaging practical content you congratulate them for it. You don't automatically give them a 5 though and say best course ever. I don't appreciate you implying I'm encouraging people to lie. Give them a three if you think it's a 3/5 course but at least state some of the positives.

If people sharing their courses with one another is against the community rules though then I'll abide by that - that's why I asked before proceeding. It's at the start of the post. But I'm not the self-promoting liar you're making me out to be.

Go to solution

Sorry if I was prejudging. But you should be more careful when comminucating things.

Of course you can ask someody to give a fair and objective review highlighting pros and cons. In particular in the situation where peers give feedback to each other, negative feedback can be more helpful than positive feedback.

I think you agree that ''I promise to leave only positive reviews[...]'  and 'Please review any course you redeem and leave only leave positive responses.' can easily be misunderstood.

Go to solution

Hello Damian,

I am a new instructor and I'm looking to meet other instructors on this site! I would love to see another person's course and give feedback, and likewise learn best-practices from other instructors. Let me know if this is of interest to you.

Anne Parmeter

Go to solution

Hi there Anne,

Sorry I've taken so long to get back - I haven't logged in to the Instructor portal for some time as you can see as it's been such an unusual time. I'm definitely interested in following up Anne and your course introduction looks great.

Post a reply when you're ready and I'll share a voucher with you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors