Why am I earning so little on each sale?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I earning so little on each sale?

My course is priced at $24.99 yet I only earn between $2.40 - $4.80 from a sale. I am so discouraged. Can someone explain this? Thanks

3 Replies

Hi @KayBurks589, revenue share is determined by many factors. I recommend you contact instructorsupport@udemy.com and the team will gladly provide additional details to your specific situation. 

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Simply because your course is on sale for $10.99 most of the time via Udemy's flash sales. (Especially in November when you posted this)

So, you'll get ~ $5.00 (50% split) when someone enrolls via discovery or browsing Udemy, and around ~ $2.50 (25% split) when an enrollment came from Udemy advertising your course via Facebook ads etc... They pay to get the ads out there, and serve you their built in audience - so that is the price we pay. I believe it is fair. 🙂 

Hope that helped! 

Oh and if you want to take marketing into your own hands, go to "promotions" inside your curriculum tab and use the instructor link for your course to promote if off-site. This will ensure any enrollments coming from your instructor link give you (almost) the full price 97% of revenue. 

I've also put a large course on, set to the top tier £199.00,  2 people enrolled so far and I got £3.24! not what I expected. much work and effort for very little return 😞

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors