Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrahamNicholls
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

What is your main goal on Udemy?

Hey there fellow instructors,

I’d love to hear from everyone whether you are new or an experienced instructor.....

What is your main goal on Udemy?

It might be to reach a certain amount of students, it could be financial, there could be a lifestyle twist to it or it could be that you want to educate the world on your subject.

So who is up first to let everyone know?

8 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion

Udemy is my main source of income; as such my main goal is to keep that income at a level where it can comfortably provide for my family.

But that's not what I love about it. It's the personal freedom you get by being able to create courses on your own schedule, from anyplace you want. It's knowing you're helping huge numbers of people around the world learn valuable skills at an accessible cost. It's the constant learning you experience yourself as you keep yourself updated on the things that you teach.

Good to know you can earn an income to support a family. And it’s not just a hobby. 

My main goal with Udemy , is to help educate the urban community!

AliciaPaz
Community Champion

I love this kind of question.  Might be the counselor in me.  I have a few goals that aren't financial that I have met and some new ones I write down for the month Udemy, professional and personal every month, quarter and year. 

2019/2020 Goals

• 50,000 students total with 90% paid 
  • Have completed DBT courses (4 courses, 1 is live)
  • Earn livable income while continuing to work full-time
  • Complete studio with upgraded equipment
  • Finish 20 hours of B-roll for Mindfulness at local locations
  • Create new DBT Mindfulness courses at 20 hours from 1.5 intro
  • Re-do audio for all current courses 
  • Encourage other instructors to create courses including others in the Mental Health field, those who are female-identified and other PoC.  
  • Take an adult only vacation (I have a 5 & 3-year-old) for a week internationally 
  • Use Udemy income to pay down student loan debt and reinvest in the business
Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

I am using Udemy as a springboard to launch my Online education business around the subject of  mechanical design engineering. 

I make courses on what I have learnt from my 7 year work life and also plan to create courses on the projects I do . 

Udemy isa huge part of my overall strategy to create a massive knowledge database in my field which is like no other and provides end-to-end courses on subjects related to designing mechanical stuff.

Thats my "Big Hairy Audacious Goal" and Udemy isa big part of it because with it I can reach a massive audience. very quickly without doing my own marketing .

Hypnodan
Community Champion

Hi Graham,

For me initially it was to share knowledge affordibly. I felt if I could keep costs down on hosting etc, then I could cover costs of making courses and interacting within courses without having to charge a fortune and make knowledge unavailable to people based on what they can or can't afford. I was sharing on YouTube, but wanted to be able to offer courses which were like courses to help learning rather than just videos in playlists etc, and felt Udemy seemed to work for this.

When my work circumstances changed and I needed to make an income I wanted to also make enough money to live on.

I find Udemy allows me to do both of these, I can offer affordable knowledge while making an income. These are my goals on Udemy. I have been a full-time Udemy instructor now since August 2015. I also always wanted to do something which stopped me doing an hours work for an hours pay which would put me more in control of my time and which would allow me to not be tied to a physical location to work.

All of this is achieved through Udemy.

All the best

Dan

That is a really interesting question.  My main goal is to be able to live in the 🇬🇧 UK.  My family is here. But I was born and raised in 🇩🇪 Germany. Creating Udemy courses in German allows me to live and work across two cultures and languages and to develop my German professional self. 

Great Question! I Feel I was born to help others...its why im here...on this Earth! / So Helping others that are Broken or Hurting or just going through a difficult time in their Life I find easy-why because ive been there- and I have Healed from the inside- (To see out we must first be inside) my Quote! also I am Super Positive and constantly spread the word of Positivity...Us Lightworkers/Healers do find it hard to ask for Money as we take our Spiritual Gifts as just that Gifts for us to use to help others! So this is why I chose Udemy to upbuild and Motivate Others to find their true inner Power! We are all Born with this Amazing Power! its just that some have forgot how Amazing they are...So in short Im teaching humans to Awaken again! and if I bring in a little Money then thats a Bonus! (BLESSINGS ONE AND ALL) MKCope.JPG

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors