cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do you promote your course in FB groups?

Question

Guys i have a question about FB, i'm not much of a FB user, i only started using it to have some sort of online presence for Udemy. Right now i don't have a large follower base that's interested in my courses, so the only FB marketing i can do is to post in groups. I try to follow all the rules, be as active as i can, not only be there to promote the course and try to not spam.

So the question is: How often do you post with coupons (free or discounted) in FB groups? Once a day per group? Once a week? Right now i'm posting discounted coupons for all my course about once every two days mostly in coupons groups, and that helps with the sales, but sometimes i see that my post starts to show too much in the group page and i fear that people think i'm spamming and kick me out.

Answers

Hi there, 

To share my too cents... 

I created my own Facebook group around 6 months ago and post regularly with education content, the group is now 3.5k members, hot a tipping point and growing by 100+ members a week. I was doing this for a while before even thinking of Udemy, but now that I have my first Udemy course, I have gotten quite a bit of support from it. It is a careful balance between posting and talking about the course and spamming.

My feeling as a promoter on Facebook is passive selling works best, discuss the course and have a discussion as opposed to telling people tk buy this course... as people are very adapt to spotting and ignoring a sales post. 

Kind Regards, 

Toan

I have a facebook group, think 1 1/2 years old, closing in on 10k members now. 

95-98% is helpful content, 2-5% is me selling stuff. 

My students are my best marketing tool, they pass certifications, like my teaching style and recommend me to friends and others in groups and forums. 

I post content to my group 1-2 times daily (95% auto posted from my blog), students post 1-5 posts daily.

I welcome all my group members, I share my knowledge freely, and recommend study resources that are good, not just my own. 

I do the same on other groups, but the first 2-4 months I am in groups I post 0% promotional stuff, I help, I answer questions, I support. 
After a few months I approach the admins and ask if they are OK with me every so often post my courses/coupons, so far everyone has said yes because I proved myself first.

Here the split is also 95/5. 

If you join a Facebook group that has a focus on Udemy coupons then just ask the owner/admin how often you can post coupons. For a group like that they usually don't mind very frequent posting of coupons. For a group that doesn't focus on coupons only, make sure you have the permission of the group owner before posting any coupons, even free ones.

A sudden post directing traffic away from the group can be considered spam. 

Thor gave good advice above when he stated that you should do a lot of helpful commenting and being a part of a group (when it's not your own group) before even asking to post coupons. It's just polite and shows you have an interest in the group and not just their pocketbooks (which feels like spam again). 

I have several groups on FB, my largest one is almost 90K. I don't allow spam in my group (most groups don't) and if someone's first post is directing traffic somewhere else, they get blocked from the group. I do allow some advertising posts but they have to ask permission first.

I do post my own promotions in the group about 2 - 3 times a month. Sometimes less. I balance that with posts that are educational and informative, besides answering endless questions. 

So balance what you're doing by being polite, engaging in the groups and be careful not to spam. 

I don't post coupons very often, maybe every couple of months or so.

I noticed that most group members are only looking for free stuff.

I neither have time to do this more often nor do I see the benefit of it (same for contributing to groups).

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎05-15-2022 03:21 PM
Updated by:

Labels (1)