cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instructor Tips: This marketing strategy did work out for me!

My latest course got Udemy's badge "Hot & New" Smiley Very Happy Here's what I did to get it!

Recently, I've been participating regularly with my drawing posts on one of Facebook drawing groups. As my posts there were so engaging, I decided to post about my new course after publishing it on Udemy!

So I posted a catchy image of my drawing and I posted that I have this new course where I teach realistic food drawing with ink markers and that I need their help to review the course!

Here's exactly what I posted in the group:8-28-2019 12-21-09 PM.png

It's win-win! 20 people will take the course and give me reviews! And at the same time I've marketed to the course in an indirect way. That's because when the free coupons were sold out, those who were interested in the course have ordered using the discount link.

By the way, I was so happy to receive comments from people who said that they don't want to disappoint me by enrolling in the course and not able to watch it and review it! This was really honest!

This reminded me of my first courses when I used to share free coupons on Facebook groups that are created for sharing free Udemy courses; something that I realized is terribly bad. That's because you get students enrolled in your course only because it's free although they wouldn't be at all interested in it. Consequently, you get a large number of students with ZERO  review and minimum or no student progression.

On the other hand, when I started to share free and discount coupons on Facebook groups that are specialized in the fields of my courses (polymer clay and drawing), I got students who are interested in my courses and who wrote me reviews. They got benefited from the course and I got reviews which are so important for further marketing and sales. Besides, people who missed the free course have bought it because they grew interested in it.

On sharing your course's link on Facebook groups, take into consideration that:

• Some groups' rules don't accept sharing links or selling, you've to respect that!
  • It's better to be an active member on the group from the begining. It'd not be decent to post on the group for the first time just to sell your course there. Be kind first!

I've been on Udemy for only one year and I'm still learning more and more every day! As I'm a relatively new teacher here, I wanted to share this marketing tip with those who might be new or still haven't enough audience to market to! Hope you find it useful!

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎05-15-2022 03:18 PM
Updated by:

Labels (2)
Contributors
Comments
MadeOfBusiness

cool