About New Tax Form for Turkey

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About New Tax Form for Turkey

Hello everyone,

I'm an instructor teaching in Turkey. New tax form was sent to me. But I don't understand, do I have to enter my bank account number and tax ID number in this form? I don't have a sale to the USA.

Thanks,

2 Replies

Hey @AlperKutlu, glad to hear you're working on your tax forms. 

Udemy is based in the United States. All companies based in the US have to comply with IRS (Internal Revenue Service) regulations, which includes collecting information about your tax status as an instructor. Furthermore, no matter where you’re located, you may have enrolled students from the United States, and those transactions may be subject to US tax.

Once you begin the submission flow at taxforms.udemy.com, you'll see the option to choose whether you are a US or non-US instructor as one of the first selections you make. Depending on what you choose, the platform will guide you through options that are unique to the selection you made as a US or non-US citizen. Choosing the right form will depend on where you live, whether you’re an individual or entity, and other specifics. Since Udemy is unable to provide tax advice, we recommend that you consult with a tax advisor to ensure you’re using the right form and entering the information correctly.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Firstly, thanks for your response. However, there are fields in the form that I do not understand whether it is compulsory or not. These are the tax identification number and bank account information. Do I need to fill these out precisely?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.