About to start creating my first course...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to start creating my first course...

Go to solution

Hi, I’m Dina Dayal and after having 15 years of experience in Martial Art performances I would like to create a course on Bo Staff tricks and hopefully later on many more courses with other traditional weapons like swords, double swords, chakra wheel, archery etc. I would be grateful for advice on how to go about it. What are important things to consider etc. thanks everyone!!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi @Dinadayal, I suggest you reach out to policy@udemy.com. The Trust & Safety team is better equipped to answer these types of questions for you. Smiley Happy

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Thanks a lot Master K for the message. You’ve got an impressive list of credentials there for sure.

First of all sorry for not being able to reply earlier and thank you for many useful tips!

Really appreciate your detailed description of various scenarios and things to consider regarding weapon-based course. 

Disclaimes sounds like a great idea - will do that. 

Of all the weapons, Bo staff seems to be the most neutral when it comes to carrying it in public. Swords are a different story of course and require more caution in order to comply with the “public safety” laws.

I’m planning to shoot the video outdoors, in a nature setting, and record the voice over indoors for the best sound quality.

Any suggestions on that?

Gratefully,

Dina Dayal 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @Dinadayal, I suggest you reach out to policy@udemy.com. The Trust & Safety team is better equipped to answer these types of questions for you. Smiley Happy

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thanks Abbie!

Go to solution

Hi if Udemy Allow you to teach these things then go for it! I am above Master in many Martial Arts Disiplines...and also above BLACK BELT IN 8 Different Styles-and have been training for over 41 years! and am still Training every other day! / I teach lots of weapons like you...including Gun disarming-Swords-Knifes-Escrema-Togfa-Kubatan-Nunchucks-Staff-Tigger Hooks-Spear-Metal Fan-and more-also hidden weapons and so on! The most important thing in teaching is SAFETY of the Student! This always comes first! Also depending on how you teach Weapons (Disarming or just Forms) You have to also teach the Dangers of a Deadly Weapon on the Human Body! if you are Allowed to carry a Weapon outside when you Practice working with a Weapon! and so on...ive known the Swat Team to turn up on a Couple of Black Belts sparing in a field with Swords! No weapons are Allowed outside in public...and you have to have a Licence to take them to a Club,even then they need to be in a zipped or tied bag so you can't get to them fast in a fight! I would also put up DISCLAIMERS...at the beginning of your Course! There are Instructors on here with No Warnings or Disclaimers at all...Im just keeping you SAFE...Bo Staff sounds like a Great Course to put up first! Bo Staff Tricks Nice One...Bo Staff looks great wizzing around the body...Great long distance Weapon! Regards Master K

Go to solution

Thanks a lot Master K for the message. You’ve got an impressive list of credentials there for sure.

First of all sorry for not being able to reply earlier and thank you for many useful tips!

Really appreciate your detailed description of various scenarios and things to consider regarding weapon-based course. 

Disclaimes sounds like a great idea - will do that. 

Of all the weapons, Bo staff seems to be the most neutral when it comes to carrying it in public. Swords are a different story of course and require more caution in order to comply with the “public safety” laws.

I’m planning to shoot the video outdoors, in a nature setting, and record the voice over indoors for the best sound quality.

Any suggestions on that?

Gratefully,

Dina Dayal 

Go to solution

Nice one! Yes I do a lot of Voice overs after filming! Best of Luck with it all...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.