Digital marketing content creation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital marketing content creation

Go to solution

Hello everyone 👋

I am a beginner and want to continue on udemy as a instructor for the digital marketing course as I am an interovert and don't want to come in front of camera. Can you suggest something about the video creation

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
AlvaroChirou
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @Komal19 !

When I started as an instructor, I also didn't want to go out on camera, or thought it wasn't important. With time I learned that it is very important that the student knows the face of his instructor, since it is one of the ways that breaks the distance of online education.
It is not necessary that you appear in all the videos, I only appear in the introductory video of the course and in the first video of each section.
For the video presentation of the course, which is the first that the student sees when arriving at the course and which will determine whether or not to buy it, I give you the following tips:
- Your presentation, about 20 seconds maximum.
- Describe what you are going to learn or disctar in the course, 30 seconds.
- Sell, explain why the student should choose your course, and not another, ending with inviting him to the action, "See you inside" style.

If you can combine the video with animations, better, if you like you can see how I do in my courses in my profile. But the video presentation should not last more than 2 minutes preferably.

For the rest of the classes of the course, I advise you not to exceed the duration of 5 minutes, teach a concept for each class.

Álvaro Chirou.
Technology Expert

View solution in original post

Go to solution

I'm an introvert and also found talking to a camera difficult. I was helped most by three things:

1.Writing a script, so I'm not just improvising

2. Taking a couple of TJ Walkers' courses on setting up and speaking to a camera. Best tip: improve one thing at a time. 

3. Videoing myself first with my phone, and then with my camera, and letting myself play around and be funny. 

I think point 3 made the biggest difference. It freed me to be myself in front of the camera. 

Best of luck,

David

View solution in original post

11 Replies
AlvaroChirou
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @Komal19 !

When I started as an instructor, I also didn't want to go out on camera, or thought it wasn't important. With time I learned that it is very important that the student knows the face of his instructor, since it is one of the ways that breaks the distance of online education.
It is not necessary that you appear in all the videos, I only appear in the introductory video of the course and in the first video of each section.
For the video presentation of the course, which is the first that the student sees when arriving at the course and which will determine whether or not to buy it, I give you the following tips:
- Your presentation, about 20 seconds maximum.
- Describe what you are going to learn or disctar in the course, 30 seconds.
- Sell, explain why the student should choose your course, and not another, ending with inviting him to the action, "See you inside" style.

If you can combine the video with animations, better, if you like you can see how I do in my courses in my profile. But the video presentation should not last more than 2 minutes preferably.

For the rest of the classes of the course, I advise you not to exceed the duration of 5 minutes, teach a concept for each class.

Álvaro Chirou.
Technology Expert

Go to solution

@AlvaroChirou Great advice. I also found the talking heads difficult at first and hence been using them to introduce presentations. But you're right, we all want to meet our online instructor. 

LL

Go to solution

I'm an introvert and also found talking to a camera difficult. I was helped most by three things:

2. Taking a couple of TJ Walkers' courses on setting up and speaking to a camera. Best tip: improve one thing at a time. 

3. Videoing myself first with my phone, and then with my camera, and letting myself play around and be funny. 

I think point 3 made the biggest difference. It freed me to be myself in front of the camera. 

Best of luck,

David

Go to solution

Good advice David. @DavidBookbinder 

It is working out for you, your videos are great.

@DavidBookbinder wrote:

Best of luck,

David

LL

Go to solution

Thanks, @Lizzy  I actually (mostly) enjoy it now!

Go to solution

At the begining you don't have to appear in the camera, you can use secreencast software like Camtasia to recoed your course videos but it is important that your students see you on the camera talking dirctly to them, you can try it later when you begin your course.

Good luck

Go to solution

Agreed. I did all my presentation style recording first, then moved on to the talking heads. Somehow, it's easier after you have made a start. 

LL

Go to solution

@Lizzy Yes of course, after the begining many things which appeared difficult become necessary and easy to do. Just make the first step and you'ill see that all the next steps will be easier than you imagine. Complexity is only in your mind.

Go to solution

@RamziDeveloper 

Complexity is only in your mind. You're right, I just have to keep taking one step at a time. There are a lot of hurdles, publishing my first course will be one as well, but I'm taking my time and stepping over them!

LL

Go to solution

Me too, actually i haven't finished my course yet, i'm still working on the last 5 sections, i have finished more than 13 hours of video content, it was a very hard work, i have to finish the last 30 %.

@Lizzy i wish you good luck

Go to solution

Good

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.