Experiencing issues? Get help navigating the new community platform.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing issues? Get help navigating the new community platform.

Go to solution

Thanks for joining us in our new community home! We're so happy you're here.

If you're experiencing issues or just not sure how to do something on this new platform, ask in the replies below and someone will help you out! Please include screenshots and links where possible to help folks understand exactly what issue you're encountering. 

If you have questions about Udemy.com or course creation, please check out this post about how to reach Udemy's support teams.

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hey @SalJade, you can see the search and student list by going to the Courses homepage, hovering over the course you're interseted in, clicking "Edit/Manage course" and then clicking "Students" under Course Management. We do hear that it's difficult to find, so we're working with our team to see how we can improve that flow.

Also, feel free to start your own conversation thread next time! This one is about navigating the community platform, not the new instructor view 🙂

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hey @3MinLanguages, I think if you log out and log back in, it'll change back to the avatar you have on your Udemy instructor profile.

Go to solution

Hey @JohnAig434, I suggest you reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com and the team will be happy to help. Feel free to attach the picture you're trying to upload so they can try to update it on their end.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @MumtazMangi2020we are receiving a significantly higher volume verification process and test videos than normal, and as a result, responses from our team have been delayed. Don't worry you'll hear from them once you are next. We shared this as an announcement in the community. You can check it out here.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Ok thank you for precious advice.

Regards

35 Replies

Go to solution

Hi!

I was trying to change my current pic (instructor profile) but when trying to upload one of mine, it will not allow me to do it

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 8.37.47 AM.png

BTW, my previous profile pic will not show... 

any guess on how can I change or upload it?

Best Regards!

Go to solution

Hey @ChemEngGuyyour photo should automatically pull from your Udemy.com instructor profile. Do you have one uploaded there?

Go to solution

Good day everyone, am new and trying to publish my first course but i have been having verification problems.  the current has to do with the fact that i featured some persons who helped record some of my videos. now safety has transferred me to copy right unit. what do i do?

though i have responded to the affidavit from copy right unit

Go to solution

Hey @JohnAig434, the community is not an escalation channel and I'm afraid we can't look into your specific situation with the team. Please continue to direct any questions you have about this to policy@udemy.com. Thanks!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Hello everyone

i have issue with my profile pic, it has been rejected because it contains text. how do i upload my profile image without it containing text?

Go to solution

Hey @JohnAig434, I suggest you reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com and the team will be happy to help. Feel free to attach the picture you're trying to upload so they can try to update it on their end.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

I just joined and wanted to update my avatar . It only gives me the option of the udemy avatar. How do I change it? Thanks for your help!!  Janet

Go to solution

Hey @JanetKFish, your photo should automatically pull from your Udemy.com instructor profile. Did you see that when you first joined?

Go to solution

I see it now, thanks for your quick reply and the reminder to fill out the rest of my profile.  

Go to solution

I just accidentally changed my avatar to the Udemy logo, and now I can't seem to change it back. When I click on the change avatar button, there's only the option to have the Udemy logo

Go to solution

Hey @3MinLanguages, I think if you log out and log back in, it'll change back to the avatar you have on your Udemy instructor profile.

Go to solution

Yes, that worked 🙂

Thank you for the quick reply

Go to solution

I'll be great to have feedback button in plain sight all the time. I'm sure it will help Udemy a lot too. Specially for the first month or so so people can share their feedback easily without going through too many hoops. 

Go to solution

Hey @AmrinGrewal, you can continue sharing your feedback for the new community platform in this thread! We'll keep checking it even after the first month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

I would like to suggest to the udemy staff to place a direct link to the Udemy community directly within the "Instructor" menu when entering udemy.com so as not to go for a rough ride to join the community.

I would also suggest to allow the Log in automatic when you enter the community (now instead I always have to click on the "Log in" button to actively participate)

GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

If you have access to the "new" instructor dashboard, there's a little suggestion tab at the bottom right of the screen, I recommend you send that suggestion there. I've suggested a few things already using that functionality and it's easy to access. I like your automatic login idea. 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Go to solution
thanks Greg! Have just done that!

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestions @Anonymous! Happy to share them with the team and see what we can do.

Go to solution
Hey, I don't know if this is the right category for this kind of post. I am thinking of having a topic where we can propose different improvements for the new community.

I will start.

1. I received an email about some updates and clicked on a notification from there. Saw an interesting reply to my message and wanted to post something. I hit the Reply button and needed to login. After login I wasn't redirected to the post I wanted to reply to, so I had to search it. What do you think ?

2. Another one. After creating this conversation, I realised we don't have an HTML editor and all the formatting is lost. I had to add html tags by myself

Go to solution

Hey @CosminGrigore, you can share your feedback in this thread 🙂 

1. Thanks for the heads up! We'll look into this.

2. I'd recommend formatting within the platform so that everything looks the way you want it to when you press "post". 

Hope that helps!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.