First timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First timer

Hello everyone!

My 2 courses went live yesterday and I am

So excited!  I've never been an instructor on Udemy before so I am kind of a fish out of water but I am managing!  Any advice, lessons learned, etc you guys have for me?  Also, is there anything I can do help market my course on this platform or does Udemy handle that?  Any feedback is welcomed!  

6 Replies
Vigasan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey! Welcome to Udemy 🙂 When it comes to advice and lessons, there's a lot all over this forum so I'll leave that bit to you to discover (trust me, there's a TON of advice here and I'll probably do it an injustice by trying to summarize it).

In terms of marketing, Udemy markets for you but of course they give preference to courses that convert better (it's still a business after all). Since Black Friday is coming, I would recommend you run some promos yourself really quickly to get your first few students and reviews as soon as you can. That'll help you launch faster as well 🙂

Awesome! Thanks! 

@TatianiFavors 

I can't advise you on marketing, I'm not there yet, but well done for publishing your courses. I am almost ready to submit my first course for review and it sure is a learning curve.  There's lots of marketing advice on the forum if you use the search option.

Good luck with your courses. 

LL

Thanks so much!  Keep pushing to complete your course, I know it will be amazing!!!  I sure will take your advice and search the forums, thanks! 

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Type marketing into the  search bar in this community and you will find a lot of advice. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thanks! Will do! 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.