Hi Gang, I just wanted to say Hi.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Gang, I just wanted to say Hi.

Hi everyone.

Im brand new on here and looking in awe at all you guys with thousands of students.

I've had a great and positive reaction to my new course so far and have enrolled 22 students in 5 days.

I'm all ears if any of you seasoned tutors would like to share hints tips or general wisdom.

I hope I can learn from you all and become a full time Tutor, it's been my dream for a very long time.

Many thanks and best wishes in advance

Paul mcloughlin

11 Replies
MassimilianoAlf
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Paul and welcome, 22 students in 5 is good, now what you need to do is to publish a second course and after that another one, and another one and never stop.... 
Good luck!

The season of failure is the best time for sowing the seeds of success (Paramhansa Yogananda)

Brilliant reply!! Heart..Thanks so much for the wisdom and support!!

@MassimilianoAlf wrote:

Hi Paul and welcome, 22 students in 5 is good, now what you need to do is to publish a second course and after that another one, and another one and never stop.... 
Good luck!

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I agree the best thing you can do is make a second course, so you can start doing cross-promotion using Udemy promotional announcements. But you might want to give the first course some time, first. You may get valuable feedback in your early reviews that you want to incorporate into your next effort.

Meanwhile, do all you can to promote your course. Talk about it in relevant online groups and communities to the extent you're allowed. Post some preview videos on YouTube. If you have a blog, blog about it. Guest-blog about it. Your immediate goal is to get a few good reviews on the course, which will drive its sales further - and the more students who are enrolled, the more likely you are to get reviews.

Hi Frank

Thank you so much fro taking the time to get back to me. Great advice. so helpful on here, I'm loving it!

That is a very good start, Paul.

I just watched a couple of your videos, and you have a great presence and your delivery is awesome.  Your course will most likely be a success.

Congratulations!

Wow Carlos,  thabks you so much. That's really given me the boost I need to overcome early day nerves!!..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@The-p-r-t-man,

I agree with everything that's been said; namely, you need a second course and to begin marketing.  Also that 22 students in 5 days is very good (and 4 5-star reviews aint bad ;-).

My big suggestion would be to build your Udemy platform like a sales funnel:

1) First, people need to find you -- so make sure pertenant keywords are in your title and subtitle.  Right now your title is too short and filled with garbage wods that potential students will never search for (e.g. Simply The).  Use search string completion suggestions and Marketplace Insights to gather keywords to include in your title and subtitle.

2) Next, you need to draw people to your course.  A great course image, good course length and a lot of high reviews will help with that.  Okay, so you need reviews too.  Be sure to scan your student course completion records for students who have completed 100% (or close) of your course and send Udemy messages asking for reviews.  Those who complete your course are more likely to leave good reviews so don't let them get away without reviewing your course.

3) I'd personally get more students by giving away free coupons to your course.  Check out BestBlackHatForum (the Udemy Free for a LImited Time section) to get thousands of free students within days.  Best of all, these are students who would probably have never bought your course in the first place.  They will probably never watch your course (they're called collectors).  They will however bolster your student numbers and some will watch your cource (ask them for reviews).  This is a contraversial step you may want input on, but it works great for me.

4) Your Udemy promotional announcements are useless until you have a second course to promote... or are they?  For now, use promotional announcements to ask your students for reviews.  This is more of a shotgun approach than asking students who completed 100% of your course for reviews, so you'll get more reviews but of a possible lower quality.  Don't ask for a 5 star review, just an honest one.

You're doing great, but you need more courses, students and reviews.  Great start!

---Brian

Thanks a million Brian

Great advice! Ill be checking all of that out today.

Students have been relly struggling with leaving reviews, can I make it easier for them to leave a review even if they have not completed?

Hi again Brian

Can you give me more details on how I do this please?

3) I'd personally get more students by giving away free coupons to your course.  Check out BestBlackHatForum (the Udemy Free for a LImited Time section) to get thousands of free students within days.  Best of all, these are students who would probably have never bought your course in the first place.  They will probably never watch your course (they're called collectors).  They will however bolster your student numbers and some will watch your cource (ask them for reviews).  This is a contraversial step you may want input on, but it works great for me.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi ;

Congrats.

Welcome to our community and accecpt my warmest congratulations!

Regards;

Thank you so much 👍👍

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.