Hi everyone! I hasten to share the results of my first year with Udemy, monetary success and recommendations for novice instructors!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone! I hasten to share the results of my first year with Udemy, monetary success and recommendations for novice instructors!

Снимок экрана 2020-01-05 в 18.29.28.png

The first course I published on January 20, 2019 and today on January 5, I decided to write about what mistakes I made and what experience I gained during the publication of the next courses.

My mistakes during the creation of courses in the form of short recommendations, I hope someone will find them useful:

Subtitles for the video.

If you are not a native speaker and are teaching a course, try to have subtitles. And Udemy took care and made auto-generated subtitles for English. You should also make sure that your subtitles are correct.

The duration of the video.

Don't make tedious-long videos. It is more interesting to watch videos from 4 to 7 minutes, rather than an hour. For example, when I watch an hour-long training video, I close it in 15 minutes)

The sound of your video.

One and the most basic is to record audio during the training video. Try to make short test recordings of audio and check if there is any noise before you start recording for the lesson. I use a lapel microphone, but I'm looking towards a more professional one with noise absorption.

Your presence on the video.

Appear more often in the video, students need to see you start trusting, I did not do it, but I will try to take care of it.

Promises in the course program.

Try to avoid negative comments and it is better not to specify what has not yet been recorded or told. It is better to specify what has already been done and is ready for publication.

Support your students.

Udemy allows you to create an announcement on the course where you can offer help and remind how you can be contacted to solve problems.

Use a group newsletter.

All people want to join the community, create an atmosphere acts between you and students and share new information on your topic. For example, the release of a new version of the software.

Free coupons.

Share the coupon with those who are interested in taking your course and who will be able to support your course or tell their friends.

I hope these small recommendations will be useful. Do not despair if you are not doing so well in terms of earnings or the quality of courses. Remember that if you have a desire to share knowledge, this desire will sooner or later be appreciated and supported. I wish everyone inspiration Smiley Happy!

2 Replies

Thank you for sharing these recommendations @Sergei_Semenov . I'm sure new, aspiring instructors will find these useful!

You made 8,000 dollars? Wow that's so cool, I didn't think that would be possible. I mean, if it doesn't happen for me I'm not going to be disappointed, but a girl can dream! I'll try what you said, not only because I would like 8,000 dollars but also because I want to make a course that people like and enjoy, that way I can't lose either way 🙂 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.