cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Intro from Frank Kane

Hey, I'm Frank Kane of Sundog Education. I'm excited to learn from everyone here, and also to share my own learnings. Welcome to the community!

7 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion

Thanks Kane

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
JasonDion
Community Champion

Great advice, Frank! Course Landing Pages are crucial to your success. If it isn't any good, no one will even look at your promos or give your course a chance.

Jason Dion
Lead Instructor @ Dion Training Solutions

Hi Frank! Glad you're in the community, anyone with a bat'leth is someone to listen to!

Juriy
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Great audio setup! Something I'm planning to improve for my home studio too. Can you share some details about the hardware that you're using? 

FrankKane
Community Champion

Sure! The mic is a Shure SM7B, attached to a Rode PSA1 boom arm. The mic goes through a "CloudLifter" device which boosts its gain, and from there it goes into a Mackie ProFX8 v2 mixing board, which is finally connected to my PC.

Instead of a mixer, something like a Scarlett 2i2 might be a more compact choice for converting XLR inputs to USB. I just got a mixer because I'm toying with the idea of producing podcasts and live streams later on, with multiple mics and input sources.

This is a new setup for me, and I hadn't quite tweaked its settings yet when making this video. The Shure SM7B is a dynamic mic, so if you're coming from a condensor mic like a Blue Yeti it'll take some getting used to. You need to talk much closer to it, for example, and might want to boost the lows on it a bit.

Juriy
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Yeah, I saw your post about "missing Yeti" 🙂 

I went with Neumann TLM 102. I just love that mic, but it has another issue: it picks up everything. Absolutely everything (more than I want). A cat sneezes on the street and I can hear it through my monitors 🙂

I use Focusrite Clarett that is then going though thunderbolt to PC. I then record the sound in Logic Pro X, I added compression and EQ, so I don't do any post-processing on sound. 

I got the same arm as you have, but I really want to get Yellowtec Mika. 

Nice. My wife does pro voice-over work and she has a TLM 103. But we had to convert a closet into a booth covered with acoustic foam for it - it is super sensitive!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.