Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiogoAlvesd487
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

It's great to be here, feedback request and a couple of questions

Hey everyone,

It's an amazing feeling to be here and write my first post. A couple of weeks ago I launched my first course: Econometrics for business in R . It was a lot of months of research, gruelling technical problems and solutions, whilst trying to be as professional as possible.

1| Feedback request

I consider this to be such an important milestone in my life and, now, I would like to improve my course. For that, I would request your feedback on the course landing page. One of my pain points currently is Conversion Rate, which is currently 8%. However, if I exclude the free vouchers, it would be 4%. The benchmark provided the marketing insights tool is 8%. I feel one of the pain points is lack of students and reviews, but I would like to improve immediately what is completely within my control: video, description, image, etc... Thanks!

2| Subcategory rating

I have been discovering bit by bit the reporting capabilities of Udemy, which are truly amazing. One of the KPIs reported - "subcategory rating" - caught my attention. I really don't get what it means. Could anyone clarify it for me? Thanks!

Capture1.PNG

3| Money back guarantee curve

I work for the biggest online fashion retailer in Europe and, thus, I think returns overall appeal to my inborn curiosity. I have had only return so far. Nonetheless, I put the course online 2 weeks ago would like to manage my expectations. In your view:

1. When do students usually return courses? In the very beginning or end of 30 days?
  2. Do they watch a lot of the course or almost nothing at all?
  3. Does it get better or worse over time with returns?

This is it for now. Thank you for time and attention. Please also give me feedback on this post. Does it make sense to list everything on one post or should I have split them? 

Thanks a lot and happy teaching!

Diogo

2 Replies

Hi @DiogoAlvesd487 , I'm bumping this post so other instructors can share their experiences and tips with you!

However, please keep in mind that course links are not allowed as this can lead to self promotion. Check out what's allowed, and what's not in our community guidelines here. Can you please edit the post and remove the link to your course? Feel free to share the course name so that others can find it. Thanks!

DiogoAlvesd487
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Maria,

Sorry, it was not my goal to self promote. Thanks for clarifying and bumping the post!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.