Teaching as a company

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teaching as a company

Go to solution

Hello, I have been a student on Udemy for around 2 years and have registered for dozens of courses in various topics. I am now getting started as an instructor. I am almost 80% done with the material for my first course and will soon start creating the videos. Before I upload the first videos, I wanted to ask a couple of questions.

I am also a corporate trainer and have my own company (incorporation). If I want to teach on Udemy as this corporation which I think quite a few do, is there something I need to do in particular such as write to Udemy about my company? Also, do I have to separate these two accounts completely - student and instructor? When I register for courses as a student, I use the courses for my own learning and not to train employees (I don't have any employees).

I already have the other things setup - company bank account, PayPal account etc.

Thanks in advance,

Shiv

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi @shivkiyer , welcome to the community!

You can continue taking courses as an instructor. Before your course goes live, your account goes through a verification process first with our verification team which you can contact here verification@udemy.com. This process is done only once and you will not have to do this for every course you publish. However, I suggest you contact them there and let them know about the kind of account you'd like use on our platform.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hi,

I launched my first course. I teach as a company. My instructor name is my own name and not the company's name, so there was no need to provide proof of incorporation etc. The linking of the Paypal account is also through email, so again no problem there.

If you want the instructor name to appear as your company name, I suggest that you write to verification@udemy.com and ask them specifically how they will verify your company.

Regards,

Shiv

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @shivkiyer , welcome to the community!

You can continue taking courses as an instructor. Before your course goes live, your account goes through a verification process first with our verification team which you can contact here verification@udemy.com. This process is done only once and you will not have to do this for every course you publish. However, I suggest you contact them there and let them know about the kind of account you'd like use on our platform.

Hope this helps!

Go to solution

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. I'll contact Udemy on that email.

Cheers, Shiv

Go to solution

Hi, 

I just wonder, did you contact verification team? Is it possible to teach as an organization? 

Go to solution

Hi,

I launched my first course. I teach as a company. My instructor name is my own name and not the company's name, so there was no need to provide proof of incorporation etc. The linking of the Paypal account is also through email, so again no problem there.

If you want the instructor name to appear as your company name, I suggest that you write to verification@udemy.com and ask them specifically how they will verify your company.

Regards,

Shiv

Go to solution

Thanks Shiv. Will contact them then. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.