Welcome to the community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the community!

Go to solution

Welcome! We're so happy you're here. We can't wait for you to start participating in our official Udemy instructor community.

To kick things off, introduce yourself to your fellow instructors by creating a quick 1-minute video.

In your video, we'd love to hear:

1. Who you are,
  2. What you teach,
  3. The most interesting thing you’ve learned from another instructor, and
  4. A fun fact about yourself!

You can share your video directly in this thread, or if you're not comfortable sharing a video of yourself, you can write out a response.

Welcome again! We look forward to getting to know you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Welcome Luiz,

I enjoyed your video even if I don't speak Portuguese, so a warm welcome to all of Brazil!

Cheers,

Elizabeth

View solution in original post

50 Replies

Go to solution

Hi to all 🙂

Go to solution

Dear Fellow Instructors

I am called Gloria Tibakunirwa. I am Ugandan with up to 15 years as a Head of HR in Banking. My first course on Udemy on building a dynamic HR dashboard was launched Dec 2018. 

I am looking forward to interacting on this forum. I got my first 2 puppies in Dec and i leave work and go straight home to spend time with them and feed them myself...reminds me of what i used to do years ago rushing home to feed my newly born children. 

Go to solution

Hello everyone! I'm working on my first course and totally nervous. I'm an former High School English teacher and College Writing Instructor, and I've taken time off to raise my kiddos. I now find myself in the homeschool community constantly talking about effective teaching strategies for one-on-one learning, so I'm hoping to create courses to help other parents navigate the teaching aspect of homeschooling. My first course is called Teaching Basics for Homeschooling Parents and it focuses on: skills vs. knowledge, the zone of proximal development, scaffolding and the process of I Do, We Do, You Do. 

I'm still figuring out my video setup. 

Go to solution

Hello eveyone.

My name is Karen, and I am working on my first course: Cross-cultural Understanding.  It is a field that is new to Udemy, so I am excited.  

I have worked and lived in quite a number of different cultures, so it is really wonderful to be able to share my knowledge widely and help others.  

Go to solution

My name is Paul Omoloria Umane. I am the Founder, President and Coordinator-General of a non-profit, Cross of Calvary Foundation of Nigeria Inc. I have recently been approved as a Premium Instructor @ United Humanity Academy under the platform of Udemy, Inc. It comprises of two sections, namely Mideast Peace Recipe Part 1& 2 that is primarily built to meet the yearnings and aspirations of World Christian and Muslim Leaders that are genuinely interested in brokering Peace in the Middle East, the Gateway to global peace. 

The two course sections are carefully designed and packaged to meet the requirements of the teaming population of students around the Globe that are seeking enrollment.  

The most interesting thing I’ve learnt from another instructor is the fact that United Humanity Academy could be hosted by Udemy Inc where by DV I have become a Premium Instructor!

A fun fact about Umane Paul? Should I call it fun? Well, I don’t know.  Okay, if you must know, at the age of 13, I became a double orphan, having lost my dad at the age of 10 and my mum @ 13 years of age. 

But today, through the special Grace of God I am who I am; I am married to a university graduate and my four children are all university graduates. 

It accounts for why I set-up a non-profit, Cross of Calvary Foundation of Nigeria Inc that gives birth to United Humanity Academy to try and give back to my Fellow-humanity.

Paul Omoloria Umane

Go to solution

Hi all!

This is my first thread and I am glad to be part of the Udemy community. I have already submitted my course for the Udemy team to review. That first course is on international chess. Hopefully, everything is good. I have also started my first YouTube Chess channel recently on 4 Jan 2019. I am a Chemistry teacher and a Chemistry book author as well. I am intending to publish a lecture course series on Chemistry as well, apart from chess. We will see how things work out. 

Not sure if I am allowed to post the links to my YouTube channel and Chemistry textbook link in this thread. I definitely would not want to get kicked out on my first day in Udemy.

Cheers,

David Tan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution
Hello Everyone! Am a new instructor excited to work with all of you! 1. Who am I? Computer Science Engineer with more than 8 years of industrial experience in several domains and cutting edge technologies. My primary expertise is with development of Enterprise Applications following world-class processes, identifying the best tools and technologies, making effective use of them and delighting clients with high quality deliverables. Out of self-interest, I have also contributed to development of various automation tools and chat bots to simplify the work process and enable better collaboration among teams. 2. What I teach? Anything related to Software that is useful, helpful and valuable in shaping the future of students. 3. The most interesting thing you’ve learned from another instructor, and A fun fact about yourself! Yet to interact with other instructors here and learn from them! Fun fact about me is that I challenge myself to do something that seems odd, hard and even crazy at times. 🙂

Go to solution

This is Padmasri Vaddey, from Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.l started my career teaching English to the students in Reputed schools and colleges and gained more than 25 years of experience. Teaching is passion. I would like to teach the students creating videos , which not only develop communication skills, but also moral values by creating interesting stories. So far I created more than 125 videos on various aspects like Biography, language skills, Prajna stories, Personality development, and so on.I can give content in the form of writing, audio recording and Videos.

Am I not allowed to share from You Tube ?No idea about Url

I have no intention in promoting my channel, but want to take your feedback, you being experienced team well aware of students' requirements.

So if it's not a problem, you may view the channel under the title English as Means of Communication . Or I just make videos and save them in my gallery and try to share them directly from now onwards, if possible

Thank you for your cooperation.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.