Adobe Premiere Pro CC

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Premiere Pro CC

At the moment I am working with Camstia studio and mostly I do it screen recording as I am doing software teaching. And Camstia is fulfiling my job very nicely. 

Now I am thinking to move to better software. So I searched google and Adobe Premiere Pro CC is listed as number one software for video editing. My questions are:

1. For screencast as I am doing, will it be benificial to use Premiere in place of camstia? 

2. How steep is the learning curve of Premiere? Though I can see there are very nice coruses on same topic on udemy which can speed up my learning. 

6 Replies

You won't be able to do screencast recording with Premiere. I use Camtasia for screencast and for rest of the editing, I use Premiere. And its worth it, provides much better control and options than Camtasia. Also its fairly easy to learn. I'd suggest @PhilEbiner's course on Premiere to get started. I started with his course and it might just be the only course you'd need.

I am taking @PhilEbiner course along with course by Louay Zambarakji. 

@Riyaz But my qeustion is that, will it be helpful for screencast? When it will be benificial when I want to combine screen cast with talking head? I am trying to compare it with camstia studio!!!

Premiere doesn't have options for screencast. But you can combine pre-recorded screencast videos with your talking head videos in Premiere. I guess you can do this in Camtasia as well. But for me, Premiere gives much better interface and options to work with audio, imho. And also gives much better precision when working on the timeline/sequences.

For the record, I've not used Camtasia for anything other than screencast as I found it a bit limiting for video editing. So my opinion may be a bit inclined towards Premiere 🙂

Well, if you are inlined towards Premiere, then you 100% correct. As it is top software for this function. 

But camstia was like using windows. However, Premiere will require some time to learn. 

Thanks for your hints and valuable discussion. 

One more reason to use Premiere is it provides extremely good chroma keying options. So if you're planning to work with green screen, then definitely Premiere is a better option. Spend a week on learning Premiere and you'll be confident in using it. As you use it, you'll discover ways to improve and speed up your editing workflow.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.