Any software similar to Microsoft powerpoint to create video

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any software similar to Microsoft powerpoint to create video

Go to solution

Friends,

I use powerpoint to create the slides and then record my video using it. However, observed the video quality is not good. Any software similar features you can suggest.

I would need to present the power point slides and in between should be able to switch to talking head mode and back to the presentation, 

Thank you

Bhaskar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Video quality of PP slides should be fine (full HD), as long as you are configuring your slide sizes to 20” x 11.25”. 

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Go to solution

Video quality of PP slides should be fine (full HD), as long as you are configuring your slide sizes to 20” x 11.25”. 

Go to solution

Thank you Thomas, this seems to be a good solution for me for now, using the configuration suggested, thank you. 

Thank all others for their inputs

Go to solution

I use Descript to record and edits and you can interface with powerpoint presentations in a way that is creative and high quality. Editing is extremely intuitive on Descript and they use AI in really helpful ways, like correcting your eyes so that it looks like you are looking at the camera.

Go to solution

I simply use the Google words and record with screen. Is this adequate? Thanks

Go to solution

I actually have a horrific experience with the sound in PowerPoint, does this happen to you?

First 1-2 seconds after I move to a new slide, after a brief moment of silence, the sound goes over the roof... 😰

Go to solution

Don’t record through PowerPoint. Record audio separately.

Go to solution

I know, I did this with Clipchamp. But it wasn't better. 🫤

Go to solution

Yes, for sound, i figured that each slide where you record, has a regulator(where your image appears). Some reason power point reduces the sound, we can increase it. Needs to be done for each and every slide. 

It is overall not a great software to record video. I'm trying to use it though as there is no other editing involved and find it easy that way. I'm otherwise having to record video/audio seperate and spend lot of time mixing them. Not needed with powerpoint, can do both together. 

thanks for replying

Bhaskar

Go to solution

Could you please tell me more? In private, if too much to share here...

I have a 10-slides introduction to my new course that still haunts me...

Go to solution

Record and process audio in Audacity. Import slides and finished audio into Camtasia, and align as necessary. 

Produce final video in Camtasia. 

Go to solution

no offence, but this looks as way too much work. plus I will have to spend (a lot) on Camtasia. and Audacity is not at all a recorder...

I know about OBS with DaVinci, for instance.

anyway...

Go to solution

Of course, it’s lots of work. And of course Camtasia costs money. And of course Audacity records audio. 

Sounds like you are looking for shortcuts. 

Go to solution

I've been kind here, but you gave really bad advice.

There are MUCH better ways to do recordings today. Even for free!

Look for them yourself and be open-minded, stay polite...

Go to solution

Hey man, do it however you want. You do you. My 100,000+ students and half-million in earnings tells me I’m doing something right. 

Go to solution

yeah, and you still use MS-DOS, I know 😁

Go to solution

Like I said… You do you, my guy. You seem like you’ve got it all figured out. 

Go to solution

Dude, in the past three months alone I published 6 video courses, all with the free Clipchamp app. And slides with PP.

So spare me please, get real. There are other new alternatives today, learn about them and stop giving bad advice. Nothing is perfect, but. It's not productive at all to switch between I don't know how many expensive or old apps. Video prod and editing evolved a lot in the past few years...

And your revenues here don't matter one bit, I made more. It's even rude to come up with stuff like that. "My guy"...

Go to solution

Like I said several times now, my guy. You do you. You got it all figured out. You don’t need any advice. You’re the expert here, apparently. 

You do what works for you - and I’ll continue to do what clearly works for me. 

Go to solution

I may be, who knows. I know way more than just ...Camtasia and Audacity.

apparently 🤪

Go to solution

That’s awesome. Congrats. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors