Audio recording for my course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio recording for my course

Hi, I am going to start a computer course which would contain both audio and video , but really confused which/what microphone I should use in my Mac.

I tried with in-built microphone and with ear phones but the voice output is not great

1) Could some one please suggest me which head phones I should go for, probably with max price tag £100, I prefer USB ones ? 

2) Also are there any audio editing techniques so that I could make my voice better ?

Thanks

Suresh

9 Replies
Vigasan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey Suresh,

In terms of microphones, it's a HUGE topic and it depends on a variety of factors like whether warmth of the sound matters, if you have a noisy background, what interface you prefer (XLR vs USB). I would go to YouTube to view comparisons of some microphones first as that's a great way to not only hear other people's opinions but also hear examples so you can come up with a decision yourself.

In regards to audio editing, a lot of people use Audacity to help smooth out audio files. So you can use this to remove mouse clicks, breathing sounds, some persistent noises like fans, etc. But definitely try to get the best sound possible directly from your microphone as software fixes are meant more to fine tune what you have, and not as bandaids.

Regards,
Vigasan

Thanks Vigasan, 

Your response is definetely valuable and I will check the youtube comparision videos now 🙂 

Hi;

Please accept our warmest welcome to this community.

1- I'm using something like this:

http://www.ahujaradios.com/microphones/tie-clip-series/utp-30.html

but i'm using external sound card for connecting my microphone.

2-About your accent the best solution is practice,watching native movies , ...

But for better quality of your voice you can use Audacity Software and use it's noise reduction filter so the result is great.

3- For capturing your screen you can use : BB flashback pro.It;s really great app.

5- In addition you can send your test video to Udemy review team they are great and will help you a lot and also you can post your video here so we can help you.

6- Don't worry anymore just focus on your recording and do your best.

Remeber this: practice make perfect.

Regards;

Thanks for the reply !

Thank you guys, audacity something I was looking for as well ..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Suresh343343

I use a Blue Yeti microphone (probably the most popular USB mic):

office.jpg

It has a lot of problems with picking up noise, so I cover it with a Kaotica Eyeball ($199) which gets rid of most of the noise.  I use Camtasia 2018 to record and apply just a tad of noise reduction to the final output to get rid of some residual machine noise.

Hope this helps,

---Brian

Thanks Brian !

Hi Brian,

are you doing the noice reduction with Camtasia or do you use another tool for this?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlexHagmann,

I'm using Camtasia to do the noise reduction.  Works great and I just need a touch so there's no need to get Audacity involved.

---Brian

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.