How to add billingual captions / subtitles to the course?

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to add billingual captions / subtitles to the course?

Hi!

I'd like to ask you for some help regarding the captions / subtitles.

You see, I tried to add captions in the form of a .vtt file to my course (introduction only), but nothing seems to happen.

My goal is to add captions / subtitles for all the chapters with the option of choosing one of the 2 languages that will be added.

Please advise how to arrange that.

Thank you and have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Reply
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HolistAkadem  Great question! At this time, our system can only generate captions in English, Spanish and Portuguese for courses taught in the respective languages. For example, if a course is taught in English, only English auto-generated captions can be added to it, not Spanish or Portuguese captions. For more information on the auto-generated subtitles program, please review this support article.

We do however have a captions tool, which you can use to create and upload captions in different languages, you also have the option to download the English captions from your course, have them translated, and then upload it back to your course. Adding captions to your video lectures is a great way of increasing student engagement and accessibility for your courses. You can learn how to do this here.

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors