Is there a limitation on the length of video courses?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limitation on the length of video courses?

I thought I saw one time a limit on the total length or size of the videos for a course.

I mean, if I have 20 lessons, and there are 20 videos of a certain size, say 6 minutes each, is there a maximum total size I have to limit to?

Robert Chalmers
Author & Instructor
2 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RobertChalmers Thanks for your question. There is no limit on course length, but we have a minimum requirement to have at least 30 minutes that contain at least 5 lectures, but there are courses on the platform that are much longer than that.  Instructors can create up to 1400 curriculum items for a course (sections, lectures, quizzes, coding exercises, practice tests, and assignments), and 800 of those items can be published at any given time.

You can find more information here. 

I hope this helps!

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

If you’re creating a course with 20 lessons, each being 6 minutes long, you would have a total of 120 minutes or 2 hours of video content. This would be the maximum allowed for free courses on Udemy, but if your course is paid, you might not have this limitation.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.