Live instructor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live instructor

Go to solution

I notice that there are guidelines against text to speech and AI voice on your video, referring to live-instructor. Do you have to show your face in the video or can it be only your voice with your instructional slides?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @MelissaEEEE Happy Sunday!!! 😊

It’s not required by Udemy that you have to show your face in your course. You can create slides combined with an audio record and merely focus on using your voice to explain the subject of study.

You can visit this article to learn more about Video: Quality Standards.

If you want to know more about the guidelines, you can contact our Trust & Safety team at policy@udemy.com for further assistance. 

Happy Holidays!!!

View solution in original post

Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @MelissaEEEE 😊

It is not mandatory to show your face. However, some successful instructors think the students want to know and trust their teacher, and showing your face is an advantage to achieve that trust. 

Regarding your question about the length, courses must have at least thirty minutes of video content. When you upload your video lectures for a course and add it to the course curriculum, the system will automatically calculate the time of the video content.

You can learn more about it in this article. 

Go to solution

Heya - Personally I try to keep each lecture between 2-5 minutes... anything longer and folks can get lost/bored (or I can't talk that long!).

That said, I've seen some courses have much longer videos and do well... it depends on your content, your audience and the area.

5 Replies
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @MelissaEEEE Happy Sunday!!! 😊

It’s not required by Udemy that you have to show your face in your course. You can create slides combined with an audio record and merely focus on using your voice to explain the subject of study.

You can visit this article to learn more about Video: Quality Standards.

If you want to know more about the guidelines, you can contact our Trust & Safety team at policy@udemy.com for further assistance. 

Happy Holidays!!!

Go to solution

Bessy,

Thank you so much for that. Is there a recommended length  for each voice slide?

Go to solution

What is the best video length?

Go to solution

Heya - Personally I try to keep each lecture between 2-5 minutes... anything longer and folks can get lost/bored (or I can't talk that long!).

That said, I've seen some courses have much longer videos and do well... it depends on your content, your audience and the area.

Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @MelissaEEEE 😊

It is not mandatory to show your face. However, some successful instructors think the students want to know and trust their teacher, and showing your face is an advantage to achieve that trust. 

Regarding your question about the length, courses must have at least thirty minutes of video content. When you upload your video lectures for a course and add it to the course curriculum, the system will automatically calculate the time of the video content.

You can learn more about it in this article. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors