Noise Cancelation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise Cancelation

Hi all. 

We have this games room\tenants lounge in our building. The floors are hadwood, but there's no furniture. This neans a lot of echo.

Is there a microphone good enough to eliminate the echo and focus only on my voice? (I asume it is a kind of lavaliere mic)

P.s.

Does it connect to a smartphone or do u need some other recording device?

Thanks!

7 Replies

I have a Sony FDR-AX33. It is a little pricey but not too pricey. It has built in zoom and my voice cancelling feature which reduces all other noises and records what is in front and the subject. That coupled with Adaptive noise reduction or audacity and audio gain or bass and treble boost helps greatly.

And yes lavalier connects to iphone and you can reduce background noise.

I have insignia universal lapel microphone.

yeah, i have an OEM lavalier type mic. looks just like that insignia mic. but for some reason it didnt cancel the echo...not even a little bit...

It may be an issue with the lavalier microphone.  Even after using a microphone you do need to do some audio improvement. My insignia cost $50. Dont buy anything cheaper than $40. It wont work. I have tried cheaper ones e.g. Vidpro etc. and the results were terrible. Shure I heard is really good.

BTW Azure lavalier microphone is cardioid so it will focus on picking up what is in front of the microphone.

Thank you very much!

I couldn't find the Azure one on Amazon, but regarding the insignia - investing this sum is something i had intended for Blue Snowball mic. Obviously its use is different...

My main use will be talking head videos, standing away from any table on which such microphones can be placed.

So again, will the Insignia do well in a closed room with an echo? 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.