Suggestion: Online tool for video editing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Online tool for video editing

Hi everyone!

What does everyone in the community think about udemy adding an online tool for video editing?

I always find myself wanting to trim or rearrange the video after having viewed my course after a while. Youtube has got one, and i always thought it was a super idea.

Would it be great if udemy added a simple video editing tool to make those fine adjustments on the course already uploaded.  I imagine there are other productivity related advantages for adding this feature.

But what does the community think? I want to gauge everyone's response to this idea before suggesting it. Because i might just be the only one wanting this. What does everyone else think?

Is this something that you could see helping your workflow? Would this help you in releasing a course faster and slightly better quality?

1 Reply
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Personally I'd rather stick with the richer feature set of my deskdtop video editing software and just re-upload edited videos.  I think this is an important feature on YouTube because re-uploading a video causes you to lose all the views and ratings on that video, which are really important. But re-uploading a video within a course does not reset the metrics on the course, so there's no pressing reason to be able to edit an existing video within Udemy as far as I can see.

If your upload speeds are really slow, or you don't have decent video editing software, I could see how that would be useful. I guess my question for you is why would you want to edit videos online instead of offline? It would be a ton of work for Udemy to develop and maintain a feature like that; there are other things I'd rather have them focus on.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.