The site is making my course available, without my permission, for download

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go to solution

I found a website that is putting my course for download without my permission. And, I realized that it's not just mine, but several udemy courses. Does this have any solution?

Is there any solution on the part of Udemy, against the wrongful act of this site?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Frederico Rodrigues de Oliveira  We totally understand that finding your hard work being available for free download is really frustrating. I really wish this wasn’t the case, but sadly, online content is often pirated, even HBO and Netflix shows. The best thing to do when you find something like this is to submit a takedown request with our partner Link-Busters who can act on your behalf to request that your course is removed from these sites.

Link-Busters typically successfully gets the Google Search result removed so it’s harder for people to find these pirate sites and download your course. Unfortunately, it’s harder to ensure that the actual pirate sites remove your course because they tend to ignore DMCA requests.

Hope this helps clarify what’s going on! For more information about Link-Busters, check out this article: https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229604108-What-Should-I-do-if-I-Find-a-Course-on-a-Pirat...

Thanks for understanding!

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Thank you for your guidance and clarification.

Much obliged.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Frederico Rodrigues de Oliveira  We totally understand that finding your hard work being available for free download is really frustrating. I really wish this wasn’t the case, but sadly, online content is often pirated, even HBO and Netflix shows. The best thing to do when you find something like this is to submit a takedown request with our partner Link-Busters who can act on your behalf to request that your course is removed from these sites.

Link-Busters typically successfully gets the Google Search result removed so it’s harder for people to find these pirate sites and download your course. Unfortunately, it’s harder to ensure that the actual pirate sites remove your course because they tend to ignore DMCA requests.

Hope this helps clarify what’s going on! For more information about Link-Busters, check out this article: https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229604108-What-Should-I-do-if-I-Find-a-Course-on-a-Pirat...

Thanks for understanding!

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thank you for your guidance and clarification.

Much obliged.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.