Using my own captions created with another programme

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my own captions created with another programme

Go to solution

Hi,

I have been creating captions for my videos using Adobe Premiere Pro. This gives me the option of moving the captions around the screen whenever there is a problem with putting them at the bottom of the screen. I can also change caption colour of the screen is white. 

I want my course to be registered as having captions (eg. when students go to the course landing page), but I think it will be registered as being without captions if I don't use the Udemy caption creation tool. Am I right?

Is there a way round this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

@Robin Voller Currently, the Udemy caption tool doesn't have the option to change the layout or color. The only option you have is to edit the text, you have the freedom to upload the captions to your course; however, we take this as feedback to our caption tool and this will be shared with the product team. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Robin Voller  Instructors can upload and use captions they’ve created for the course, and these captions will be utilized instead of the auto-generated captions. For steps on how to do this, please refer to this article.

If you have further questions about uploading captions,  please contact our support team by clicking here, and they will promptly assist you.

Go to solution

Thanks @ElianaC. That's very helpful. I had actually read the article you give the link for. The problem with the Udemy captions tool, as I see it, is that you cannot choose where on the screen the captions appear or how long they appear for, or choose the colour of captions (for example, if there is a bit of the video with a white screen and you want the captions to appear in a different colour for a moment). You can only edit the words that appear, right? In which case, I think it is probably better for me to upload the videos with the captions already on the video so I can make those choices. Or is it better to use the Udemy tool so that students can select whether or not to have the captions on?

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

@Robin Voller Currently, the Udemy caption tool doesn't have the option to change the layout or color. The only option you have is to edit the text, you have the freedom to upload the captions to your course; however, we take this as feedback to our caption tool and this will be shared with the product team. 

Go to solution

Thanks again, @ElianaC . Really helpful. And, yes, great that you will pass this on to the product team.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors