cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very akward and unpleasant situation

So my story is:

• I published my course. 
  • I got one (!!) student
  • His "learning time " was 2 minutes (!!!)
  • I found my course for free on amu many resources
  • Now this 'student' made a refund. 

So what i got:

• hours that i spent for my course creation
  • zero income
  • and everyone can get my course for free online

Very dissppointed... Just horrible experience with Udemy...

1 Reply

Hi @ValentynaDerv, totally understand that finding your hard work being available for free download is really frustrating. I really wish this wasn't the case, but sadly, online content is often pirated, even HBO and Netflix shows.

The best thing to do when you find something like this is to submit a takedown request with our partner Link-Busters who can act on your behalf to request that your course is removed from these sites.

Link-Busters typically successfully gets the Google Search result removed so it's harder for people to find these pirate sites and download your course. Unfortunately, it's harder to ensure that the actual pirate sites remove your course because they tend to ignore DMCA requests.

Hope this helps clarify what's going on! For more information about Link-Busters, check out this article: https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229604108-What-Should-I-do-if-I-Find-a-Course-on-a-Pirat...

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.