Video not uploading at 1080p

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video not uploading at 1080p

Hey guys, this is the first time uploading a course on Udemy. However, I have taken many courses on Udemy and seen many of the courses offering 1080p quality videos. 

But when I am uploading, the highest quality I am able to view the videos in is 720p. Any ideas what might be the issue?

2 Replies

Hi @Gauravsoni90, good eye! Udemy employs an “Adaptive Streaming” player for course videos. This option is not yet available for all Udemy courses, but we’re always happy to enable it by instructor request. When enabled, it means that students can choose an “Auto” streaming option for the course video. With this Auto option, 1080p streaming is possible, if the student has the streaming capability and necessary screen size to take advantage of 1080p.

Once your course is published, you can reach out instructorsupport@udemy.com so that our team can enable this option for you.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

@Abbie Thanks for the prompt reply. Will proceed as you suggested.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.