Video skipping

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video skipping

Hey, can anyone help me with skipping videos. I have uploaded 4k mpeg videos that mostly play fine. However, every so often they skip and miss a word out. The original videos play absolutely fine on my computer. I have tried re-uploading but it makes no difference. I notice they skip every time a small white bar appears on the video progress bar. There are 4 in the image here.  Is there a way to prevent this please?

Thanks, T

Udemy.png

5 Replies
IanLJ
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Udemy plays the video in 1080 P, so you could try uploading in this format.  

Thanks IanLJ, I will give that a go first...

T

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TraceyBarro575 As mentioned by @IanLJ Udemy only allows you to play videos in 720 even if you have uploaded in 4k resolution. You can request adaptive streaming to get the video at 1080 however, it seems your issue is kind of different so I recommend you to send an email request to the team. Please click here to contact our support directly and the team will be happy to help!  

Thanks ElianaC, I am going to try uploading in 1080P and if that doesn't work, will contact support...

Hey ElianaC. I still can't get the videos to work after uploading them in a lower quality. When I click on the link you gave me above I just go to the regular troubleshooting page. I can't find a way to actually message anyone. Are you able to send me a direct link please?

Thanks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors