What is the first thing you should do to improve audio quality?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanJaress
Community Manager
Community Manager

What is the first thing you should do to improve audio quality?

Hey there instructors!

There are probably a lot of steps to improve your audio recordings when you first start as an online instructor. With so many avenues to explore to dial in your overall audio quality, it can be a daunting task. 

So with that, I’d love to know from you:

What is the first thing you should do to improve your audio quality?

Share your thoughts in the comments below! 

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Invest in a decent microphone. I recently upgraded from my Blue Yeti condenser microphone, which picked up all kinds of sound, to my Audio-Technica 2040 USB dynamic microphone, which produced a huge improvement in audio quality.  Combine a good microphone with presentation and voice practice and you'll have a huge leg up.

---Brian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I play again?  Can I contribute two things?

1) Speak slowly, clearly and with confidence.  Annunciate and articulate as required to make yourself clear.

2) Finally, I would work on my recording environment.  Watch out for recording near windows and close the door.  Some go further so far as to pad their walls with sound-deadening material.  Do the best you can, but definitely try to eliminate external noise.

In the end, you can always add software noise removal, but this should be your last resort.

Hope this helps,

---Brian

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors