What is the first upgrade you should make to your setup?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanJaress
Community Manager
Community Manager

What is the first upgrade you should make to your setup?

Hey instructor community!

Everyone starts off with the setup they begin their instructor journey with. Your recording space can consist of just a webcam and your computer, or it can be a bit more robust. But as you continue improving the quality of your courses and content, you will be improving various aspects of your setup as well! 

I’m sure that others may have this question in mind while getting started.

What's the first upgrade to your setup you should make as an instructor?

Feel free to post your answers in the comments below!

3 Replies
CarlosMartinez
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

In my opinion, the first upgrade you should make to your setup as an instructor is the microphone. I started off using a basic microphone (a Tonor that I bought on Amazon) for two years before upgrading to a better one. The Tonor microphone wasn't bad, but now I produce videos with a clearer voice. When I listen to my earlier courses, which I didn't think were bad at the time, I feel like I could have done better from the beginning.

What's the first upgrade to your setup you should make as an instructor?
The initial priority for the first upgrade should be the acquisition of a good-quality microphone, as the voice serves as a crucial element. Although low-quality video can still be tolerated to some extent, a decline in audio quality tends to discourage viewers from engaging with videos or courses.

Yes best microphone and good camera both are important l.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.