What screen recording software do you use?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What screen recording software do you use?

Go to solution

Just curious to see what everyone else is using!

I’ll start - I use Screenflow

Your turn! GO!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Screencast-o-matic is recording software that is pretty affoardable. 

more info

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Screencast-o-matic

For free you and always use Apowersoft screen recorder.

View solution in original post

Go to solution

I use Camtasia for Screen Recording, Editing, and Special Effects.

View solution in original post

46 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @Lauryn77! Watermarks from third-party recording software are not allowed on Udemy. What you can do instead is to use a free screen-recording software, such as Screenr or OBS. 

Regards, 

Ericka Núñez
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

thank you! It was an important doubt, before completing the whole course and having to remake it from the biginning! you really saved me, thanks!

Go to solution

I use OBS

Go to solution

I prefer Icecream screen recorder and Bandicam in my Windows Machine.

Go to solution

I use Camtasia in my mac, sometimes QuickTime to quickly capture.

Go to solution

I use Camtasia 9 on Windows.

Go to solution

Camtasia 2018.

I was lucky I waited for it to release last year and I got a discount since I was a graduate student.

It's simple and does the job.

Go to solution

Hi Phil,
I use OBS which I found pretty good. 
Somethings are missing as in: audio editing and a pause function. Other than that it is a great software.

Regards,
PT 

Go to solution

I use Camtasia for recording and Audacity for audio editing.

Go to solution

I use Camtasia for Screen Recording, Editing, and Special Effects.

Go to solution

I Use camtasia for recording and basic editing.

I then export my audio to audacity for better editing editing and by video to adobe premiere pro for richer features before combining video and audio in premire pro for the final export.

Go to solution

Camtasia for Mac.

It's basic but it gives me absolutely everything I need.

Go to solution

I use obs for mac. It works pretty well.

Go to solution

Initially I used screencast o matic. But couldn't get full screen recorded (eventhough full screen option was given in settings) and dark border was seen in video. Any insights to this issue? Or how to resolve it? 

Currently I am using loom. It's also available free, easy to use and edit the video.

Go to solution

I have just started this journey of publishing courses and I discovered Loom, have you actually been able to upload the recordings in your Udemy Course? 

I actually like that Loom does screen & talking head. 

Go to solution

Hi Phil,

I use iShowU and I'm too satisfied for use it.

Because, It quickly after recorded the video is ready to go.

Go to solution

Hi @PhilEbiner i use Camtasia Studio and it is awesome

Go to solution

I use Streamlabs OBS studio but I plan to shift Camtasia since most of them here are using it.

Go to solution

Wow I just spent an hour looking for the best free screen recording software... started with camtasia but it doesn't let you export with free version (unless its watermarked) , screencast o matic was pretty reasonably priced but then I realized you can use QUICKTIME on Mac laptops to record screen and the quality is better then screencast o matic...phewww, quicktime wins for being free and soooo easy to use. thanks for this forum, it was helpful as well

Go to solution

OBS of course

Go to solution

I am working on my first course and I plan to use screencast-o-matic.  I have used this software before for other (basic) purposes with my computer audio. Will that be good enough?

Thanks

Doreen

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.