Wireless Mic system for lapel - recommendation?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Mic system for lapel - recommendation?

Hi. I recently purchased a Rode Go 2 with Sennheiser mic. Im completely new to this so want to be sure I’ve considered all my options. My requirements are a wireless lapel mic that can:

1) hookup to my Sony A7RIV camera so I can capture the audio with video. 
2) hookup to my MacBook Pro (presumably via USB) so I can record screen captures and do drawings and record quality audio.

I appreciate any other ideas or recommendations that meet those 2 needs. I just want to ensure if I invest $300-$500 I’m going to be happy with it for a while. The setup I bought was $200 for the Rode and $100 for the Sennheiser. I probably would want to stay under $500 or $600 for any similar solution.

-Justin 

3 Replies

Early on I bought two different inexpensive wireless systems and I had all kinds of problems with them. I finally decided to buy a professional quality system and for five years it has worked perfectly. If this is your "job", invest in good equipment. 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1484178-REG/sony_uwp_d21_14_uwp_d21_camera_mount_wireless_omn...

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thanks for your reply. Can that Sony you linked be hooked up to my Mac via USB for me to record audio only?

I am sure you can. I don't use it that way so you may want to check the specs and ask a question on the B&H site. They are very good about answering questions like that. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors