udemy course india

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

udemy course india

Go to solution

hi! can any instructor from India respond to this , I just want to know if Indian instructors should any business license to start making udemy courses??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rahul Iyer
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi Sachin,

When you begin your online instructor journey, you are NOT required to register a company or pay taxes immediately. Once you gain traction as a Udemy instructor and start earning considerable sum of money that fall into the required tax slabs as outlined by the IT department, you can start paying taxes, register a company, get a GST ID, etc.

On the other hand, if you are already in the tax slabs and paying taxes each year (before joining Udemy), you may need to pay taxes from the income you generate from Udemy. Your CA will guide you in the right direction.

To begin your journey on Udemy, your personal brand is enough. It is a good start. Hope this helps Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Rahul Iyer
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi Sachin,

What do you mean by a business license? Kindly elaborate, please.

Go to solution

I mean, do I need to register as company in order to sell courses on online(udemy) and do I need to pay taxes to my government(india). I am new this online(udemy) selling courses, little help will be nice.

Rahul Iyer
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi Sachin,

When you begin your online instructor journey, you are NOT required to register a company or pay taxes immediately. Once you gain traction as a Udemy instructor and start earning considerable sum of money that fall into the required tax slabs as outlined by the IT department, you can start paying taxes, register a company, get a GST ID, etc.

On the other hand, if you are already in the tax slabs and paying taxes each year (before joining Udemy), you may need to pay taxes from the income you generate from Udemy. Your CA will guide you in the right direction.

To begin your journey on Udemy, your personal brand is enough. It is a good start. Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Go to solution

Thank you alot for answering my question. It helped!

Go to solution

As per my knowledge, if your overall income including Udemy is less than 20 Lakhs, you don't need to register a business. Once it exceeds 20L, you can consider going for Sole Proprietorship. 

Go to solution

no you dont

Go to solution

Claiming of Foreign Tax Credit (Tax withhold by Udemy)

ITR Filing deadline in india is approaching soon. 31.7.23 is the last date of filing ITR. Those who want to take benifit of DTAA between India and US by claiming Foreign Tax Credit (FTC) means tax withhold by Udemy as per form 1042-S ($____), please note that you have to submit FTC claim with govt. Of India before the date of filing ITR by filling form no. 67.

Hence filing after due date will not be wise for you all. So don't wait for last date. Do filing as early as possible.

Thanks

Best regards

Ca Abhishek Jain

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.