update the thumbnail to eliminate text

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update the thumbnail to eliminate text

I've been using udemy for a long time, recently i decided upload a course i made and I got feed back. 

"It appears that your course image includes text "on the boxes'. Udemy research has found that course images containing text are less successful. Because of this, we only allow text in course images in very limited cases - primarily in the context of a logo.

Please update the thumbnail to eliminate text and resubmit the course at your earliest convenience.

For more information on our quality guidelines, please see this article: https://support.udemy.com/hc/articles/229232347-Course-Image-Quality-Standards"

Now I read the article and I went through my videos and I don't see what they are talking about, I know there is a box with text, but that is my logo and this support page said that is okay. I'm so confused and the worst part is every time i click on "Contact us" I get sent to the Q/A page and or the weird page listing all the offices when i was looking for help. 

Does anyone know if thumbnails can be edited. I'm shocked how difficult it is to get in touch with udemy. 

3 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jnprogrammer I'm sorry for the confusion this has caused you, but the course image should not contain text, if you would like to have more information about the changes you need to make in your course, please send an email to our Trust & Safety to policy@udemy.com so you can provide and get more information about it.

Thanks Eliana, I was sent another support article from udemy support and it told me exactly what they meant by course thumbnail. I have changed the image completely to be in compliance

I was so confused before I was running through the course looking over what boxes had text.  Now I realize it was just the course imagine.

Hello Jnprogrammer,

I encountered a similar issue where the red message beneath the image wouldn't disappear, even when I uploaded an image with no text. After much struggle, I discovered that another image I created with fewer text elements was actually fine; I just needed to press the submit button. Additionally, I realized that adhering to the exact dimensions mentioned in the image description while uploading also resolved the problem. I'm sharing my experiences in the hope that they might be helpful to you as well.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors