Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Announcement: Double Payment Issue

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Instructors,

We wish to address a situation regarding duplicate payments received by a small number of instructors using PayPal for payouts.

We want to assure you that we are fully aware of this issue and have taken steps to ensure this does not occur again. If you received a duplicate payment, please do not attempt to return the extra amount to Udemy via PayPal. The excess payment amount will be properly deducted from your account balance in the upcoming months. We will reconcile the double payments without additional inconvenience to you.

We understand the importance of accurate and timely payments, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. Please rest assured that this situation is being handled with the utmost priority.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to reach out to our instructor support team. We are here to assist you and address any inquiries you may have.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we work to resolve this issue promptly.

12 Comments
SeanFowler063
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Question - thanks for the update @ChrystieV  is it going to be a portion of the amount deducted from the upcoming months for example 20% taken away of each UPCOMING month,  OR is it all of it completely until the amount is resolved, meaning some of us won't get paid at all in February? (November payment is a big month to take out on just 1 month)

Im sorry but this will be a very important question to get answered for anyone that is wanting to budget accordinglly 

DavidBurrell
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Thanks for the update!

Ceci Mansilla
Researcher
Researcher

Thanks for the update, but I think I need more information. 
You mentioned the "upcoming months." I need more clarity on when and how this money will be deducted. Suppose the additional payment isn't canceled this month. In that case, It will cause inconvenience for us for sure, so If we can get more "specifics" on exactly when and how Udemy is getting this money back, I will appreciate it. 

AndyPandy
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

I should've come here before I sent an email. Glad you guys caught it. And thanks for letting us know.

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SeanFowler063 @Ceci Mansilla  The full amount of the overpayment will be deducted from  next month's payment. In the event that next month's payment will not cover the overpayment, the remaining balance will be deducted from the following month's payout.

For example, if you were overpaid $200 this month, the full $200 will be deducted from your next payout (Feb). In the event that February's total payout doesn't cover the full $200, then the remaining balance will be deducted in March.

Hope this further clarifies things for you! Let me know if you have any questions.

AndyPandy
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Thank you for letting us know. 

SeanFowler063
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

@ChrystieV  thanks for the update and keeping us in the loop I suppose it's unavoidable but I guess my only complaint is if this were any other month I would say that's a fair solution.

HOWEVER this was done on a Black Friday month payment of November and the problem with that is, a lot of us make two times and even for some three times more income so that's maybe two or three months of no payment

Is there a no possibility to work something out for example say 20% to 50% deduction of the revenue income off on whatever we make added so somethings still keeps coming in? A lot of us won't be seeing anything till April and possibly May depending on how successful their Black Friday month was as a result of this glitch and we need to payment activity to show on our accounts with PayPal if taking a loan.

Im sorry to be a nag on in @ChrystieV just curious to ask if you could possibly relay that concern to whoever is going to do the fix on this  to see if thats a possibility we can opt into.

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SeanFowler063 I just wanted to give you an update. First, thank you for bringing up this concern. I've passed this along to our payments team and am waiting to hear how or if the increase in sales around Black Friday may impact the re-payment of funds. I will give you an update as soon as I have one.

SeanFowler063
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

thank you @ChrystieV  ill keep an eye out

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SeanFowler063 In the meantime, support will be reaching out to you!

AndyPandy
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

I look at it this way we just got paid in advance for December sales and part of January sales. 

D_Kalyan_Reddy
Observer
Observer

Thank you for the detailed update.